Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011

So I went to College Station on Saturday. Francis attended Andrew's (one of the groomsmen in our wedding) bachelor party, and I rode up with him to spend time with Audrey and Tracy. Luckily the trip was short enough that I did not get car sick. Yay! While Francis and the boys were out roughing it in the woods somewhere, Tracy hosted a Karaoke party. It was a lot of fun. I can't help but wonder if the baby was going, "What in the world is going on?" as I sang out the words to Hit the Road Jack along with the blaring music. Audrey and I talked late in to the night afterward. It was wonderful to catch up.

I went with Audrey to church Sunday morning and attended the college Sunday school with her. I compulsively felt the need to explain that my husband was at a bachelor party and that I was just visiting from Austin. I felt awkward with my little bulging belly in the middle of students up to 7 years younger than me. As I was sitting at a table, a couple of guys sat down and introduced themselves to the table. Audrey asked them what year they were. They were juniors, I think. Then they asked us, and I said I was visiting and I had already graduated. I could see the look of confusion on their faces which was only compacted when we stood up to sing worship. I could see one of them out of the corner of my eye staring at my stomach and then looking at my wedding ring. His brow was furrowed and he was pretending to sing. Poor boy...I don't think he ever got over it before he left. If Francis had been there, it probably would not have been so confusing.

Francis came and got me after lunch and we headed back to Austin. I was feeling pretty good, so rather than going home, we went on an adventure. We ended up going to the Nature and Science Center in Austin. It is a little free nature preserve that has some animals and birds of prey to look at. It was a lot of fun to just walk around in the beautiful weather and be with my beau. I will definitely be bringing the baby there in a couple of years.

And now for the best news. We got home last night, and while I was relaxing on the couch, I felt something. In fact, three little somethings. After the first I said quietly, "Do it again." A second little bump came from inside my belly. "I think I felt the baby," I said quietly. I instinctively grabbed Francis's hand and pushed it on the spot where I felt the last little bump. Sure enough a few seconds later, a third one came. "Did you feel that?" Francis beamed. "It's our baby!" he responded as any proud papa would. We waited a bit, but three signals were all we got. It's enough though. We know he's in there. I felt the baby kick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment