Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15th, 2011

So yesterday was in fact Valentine's and it was a wonderful day indeed. I had been having stomach pains the past couple of days due to a poorly timed jump by Bella in which she landed on my stomach. I finally  woke up yesterday to no pain, but even better, I woke up to a dozen roses on the pillow next to me. Francis had been hiding them in the nursery closet. He's very fortunate that I hadn't been feeling up to venturing about, or I probably would have found them. They were beautiful.

I went about my day full of school work and then got ready for my night out. Francis picked me up about 5:30 and we went to Jasper's, a nice restaurant in Austin. We had four courses, but my favorite thing was the garlic mashed potatoes. Did I mention the baby LOVES garlic? It's ridiculous. I could have eaten an entire plate of solely these potatoes. The only thing I really didn't like (or should I say the baby didn't like) was the tortilla soup. It tasted like bitter salsa and after a couple of bites I felt like I was going to gag. I've only had that happen one other time and so it was weird that it crept up then. Thankfully the steak and garlic mashed potatoes came after the soup and all was forgiven. The conversation was lovely and the company even lovelier. I have an awesome husband!

We came home, and Francis gave me a beautiful necklace of a cross with two diamond hearts inside. He's so sweet. He also bought strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce, something I have never been known to say no to! It was a pretty perfect Valentine's Day. Next year we will have an extra person to share it with!

My next appointment is the 22nd. I hope to find out what we are having, but I don't know if we will be able to or if the doctor will even try. I will be just barely 16 weeks, so my chances are slim, but I am still hoping. Otherwise I will have to wait at least four weeks more. I really want to call this baby by their name and start decorating the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment