Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011

So,  in my journey of becoming a mom, I am learning that there is no way to escape genetics.First of all, I just want to say how much I love you mommy! We used to tell my mom (and still do) that her "I'm interested" look she gives us when we were talking or giving speeches comes across as a "judging" look or a "you've done something wrong" look. My mother is a wonderful person, and we tell her this out of love. This is the background for the story I am about to tell on myself.

I was sitting next to Francis on the couch yesterday watching hockey (guess who had the remote). I wasn't really watching anyway. I was thinking about how blessed I am and how excited I am to become a mom ...just thinking pleasant thoughts. Yeah, there were probably some hormones involved in this euphoria. Then I looked at Francis. My! I thought. I married a handsome man! He is just wonderful! I would like nothing more than to give him a kiss and a hug and tell him how wonderful he is. Seriously, this is what I was thinking.

Well, Francis noticed I was looking at him. He looked confused for a moment and then looked a little scared. "What did I do?" he asked, concerned. "Did I do something wrong? What's wrong?"

I was taken aback. I laughed in a sort of nervous way and said, "Nothing's wrong. I was just thinking how much I wanted to give you a kiss."

He looked skeptical, "Are you sure? It looked like you were about to kill me or yell at me..."

Apparently, I have inherited the look. Sorry for the years I teased you, mom. Next thing you know I will be sneezing and coughing at the same time...

My 16 week appointment is tomorrow. Your prayers are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha funny. I think I always knew you had the look, deep down inside. It's interesting to know it finally surfaced. ^_^

    ReplyDelete