Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011

So I got the test results back from my blood test today. I am in the lowest risk group for Down's syndrome (1 in 10,000). This is awesome news. My next appointment is the 22nd. Francis may go with me since he hasn't gotten to see the baby move. It will be great if he can get off. Other than that, this is Francis's last week on shift. Hopefully they will hire the new technician so the engineers can stop covering for that spot. It was nice to have him home yesterday, but a regular schedule will be even nicer.
I volunteered at the Widows' Valentines party on Saturday. I was very smart and did my prenatal yoga before going to the party. After two hours of standing, someone asked me to get something that was below the table I was standing behind. I bent down and couldn't get back up! I am still a little sore, but doing much better. It was pretty funny even at the time.
I am beginning to learn what I can and cannot do. At the Superbowl party on Sunday, I sat on the floor. About the third quarter I was so sore that we headed home so I could lay down. Smart move,
I know...I should basically make sure I am not cutting off circulation to anything and keep moving around, but not too vigorously.
Francis and I got to bum around yesterday and it made for a wonderful and relaxing day. The baby and I got a work out by walking around the outdoor mall nearby. We all got to recharge a little and we needed it. I think this baby is growing a lot nowadays since my lower abdomen feels pushed on more so than it has so far. It is uncomfortable but I would not say it is painful...anything for my baby!
That's it for now!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see you are blogging! I look forward to seeing all the updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this. ^_^ So glad to know your baby is growing up healthy!

    ReplyDelete