Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Christian's Wedding week Part 1

It's been two weeks since I posted. To my credit, I haven't really had access to a computer to write. To make this less of a novel, I will split this up into two posts.

I have to back up to Wednesday before last when Angel and I wrote the MOPs curriculum for the kids and got all the supplies together. It was a long morning, but we got almost everything done and I am so glad. I am blessed to have someone like Angel to lean on when there is a big project around. Oh, and the boys were pretty good too, which was an extra bonus.

Thursday after feverishly packing and then enjoying some wonderful fellowship with my ladies Bible Study, the boys and I got in the car and headed to Dallas. It's a good thing too, since if we had left a few hours later we would have been stuck in Austin due to an enormous amount of ice collecting on the roads. We left just before it fell to freezing. It was a blessing. We made it mid-afternoon to Plano and my in-laws' house, and Francis and his dad made it to the Stars-Maple Leafs hockey game on time. The Stars dominated, but I think Francis still had fun.

Friday I went shopping with Francis, the boys, my mother-in-law and my mom. It was so much fun and I got a lot of things done. William and Robert got spoiled and I was able to get a good amount off my to do list. Friday evening my in-laws babysat and Francis and I went to dinner with Ashley and Josh and Brandon and Bethany. Ashley was the maid of honor in our wedding and Brandon was the best man. I am sure three couples have rarely had so much fun. We had dinner and then went back to Ashley and Josh's house to play Settler's of Catan. It was nice to be a grown up and just enjoy an evening. Those days become precious when they are few and far between.

Saturday afternoon the Cotnoirs (extended family of Francis) came over to my in-laws and the guys played Risk and the girls played Settler's of Catan (I won!). William and Jonathan (the youngest Cotnoir) played around the house and had a pretty good time. William is so social that it is always fun to see him with a playmate.

Sunday after church, my mother, Danielle, the boys and I went shopping for a dress for Danielle followed by meeting up with my dad and all having dinner with Christian and Chad (aka the bride and groom). Francis headed home right after church and came home in time to have a quiet evening, the opposite of the wonderful loud evening I had with my family. Good times.

Monday was an epic day. I fit more stuff in than I thought possible. William, Robert and I went to Grapevine Mills Mall with Kristi and her daughter Olivia and Kaitlyn. We started by going to the aquarium which by itself would have been amazing. The place was so well designed and William loved all the creatures, standing forever in the 360 tunnel while sharks swam overhead. Then we all went to Rainforest Cafe. This part was not so awesome as William was terrified most of the time and even cried during the rainstorm. Poor guy. We then went to LegoLand and rode rides, built with legos and William spent over an hour racing his lego car down a ramp. My favorite ride was a shooting ride kind of like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disneyworld. It was amazing. We came off exhausted, but happy.

Tuesday I got to take the boys to KidMania, a 4 story high playplace with an arcade. Christian got off work early and joined us, even caving in and buying William a game card. After a while, we met my mom for lunch at the mall and did a little shopping before heading back to the house. Then after a nap, we had dinner with Christian before getting her a much needed new phone. I loved getting some one on one time with my sister, and the boys got to have a little "Auntie Chrissy" time and "sweetie" time, which they always treasure!

Well, that's all I have time for. Tune in again soon for part 2! It occurs to me there was not much mention of Christian's wedding, but trust me when I say the next part will be full of details!

2 comments:

  1. We took Jackson to Rainforest right after he turned one and he was terrified the entire time. We even had to move tables because he was so scared of the animatronic gorillas over our table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we will have to wait a while before we try that again. It was so sad!

    ReplyDelete