Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 11, 2014

Well, it's official! As of today I have a 5 month old (that happened yesterday) and a 2 1/2 year old. They sure keep me busy! We've had quite a week!

Last Monday morning we grocery shopped and tried to recover from our trip. William had to go through detox of having no grandparents and kept asking for each in turn. Robert, on the other hand, had a great time as he discovered how to maneuver the walker around the house. That's right, my little guy is mobile! He figured out how to go backwards in the morning and forwards by the evening. A happier baby you seldom will see! Monday afternoon Robert had his first class at the Little Gym. Both boys did great! Robert was cooperative, interactive and really liked flipping. I am so proud! William played outside in the lobby on the Tablet and behaved admirably. I'm glad I have such sweet kids!

Tuesday William had his last Little gym class as a "beast". He is now a "super beast" (ages 2 1/2-3 years). Graduating was good because he had outgrown the class and was happy to move up calling himself a "big boy!" Tuesday Robert rolled from back to front independently for the first time. In fact on Sunday the ladies sang "Rolling on the River" as Robert made his way across the classroom, but I get ahead of myself.

Wednesday morning I met with a little accident. I was picking up a bowl form the counter to put in the dishwasher and a plate stuck to it. I picked up so quickly that the plate released in midair, landing on my left pinky and shattering. I think I broke my pinky and it had been in a splint ever since. I had to suck it up and go to MOPS since I had the coloring sheets for the kids. After a nap, our neighbor Ashly and her two boys came over to play. They are fun! We should get together more often.

Thursday was a strange day. Francis had to work Thursday night so he had the day off to play with us. We went to the Aquarium, Chick-fil-a, the Mall and then dinner at Golden Coral. It was a day of great memories.

Friday, Angel and Ranger came over for a while and the boys played. Having not grown up with brothers, I still find it incomprehensible that boys want to wrestle at every possible opportunity. Ranger and William kept getting in trouble for it (though they were having a great time). Boys will be boys. Friday evening we dropped the boys off at church and did Valentine's early by having dinner at Fleming's steakhouse. The steak I had melted in my mouth. Some of the best food I've ever eaten, and the company was top notch. I had the best date with the best date, He's a keeper!


Saturday we cleaned in the morning, and after lunch (grilled cheese while watching the opening of the Olympics recorded), William was inspired to go skating with Francis. They had a great time. I watched as my two-year-old became more and more steady on his skates to the point he could be on the ice without falling down, and even "walk" a little. He isn't an Olympic hopeful just yet, but he was able to walk on his skate on the ground by the end with no trouble. Hockey practice, here we come! After skating we spent the remainder of the afternoon with Angel, Austin and Ranger at the aquarium and the mall. William passed out in the car on the way home and didn't wake up until the middle of the night. I'm so glad we finally were able to wear him out!

Sunday we did church, had lunch with our Sunday school class, and then came home to enjoy our day of rest. I woke up from my nap more tired than I was before, but tired is the new normal. At least for me. Everyone else (except maybe Francis) seems to be doing just fine. One funny thing happened. On the way home William said, "I listened to my teachers. They told me not to hit my friends. I hit Jackson. But then I said sorry and I don't want to hit him again." I asked him if he hit again and he responded, "No mommy. I listen to my teachers. Hitting not nice. I not hit again." Well, I'm glad he listened! Another side note: everyone who watches Robert calls him a delight. He rarely fusses for them and has an easy smile (not unlike his brother), so I can see why they say that. It's just funny that every single worker says he's a "delight" no matter where we are. I'm not complaining!!!

Also Sunday night, Robert had another milestone: his first food! I mixed some milk with oatmeal and fed it to my baby boy. He ate it admirably. Probably more came out than stayed in, but he seemed to enjoy the texture. I can't wait for him to try other foods. He always tried to eat whatever I am, and pretty soon, he will!

Yesterday we had William's first super beasts class at the Little Gym. Since he will soon be going to class without me, they work on giving the kids more independence. It was great. William was able to follow directions all by himself. I was amazed at all he did without me saying a word. After class, we had lunch at chick-fil-a and then headed back to the Little Gym for practice time. Robert's class was after practice time and it wasn't worth going home.  So we basically will be living at the Little Gym on Mandays, but it worked out well. Two other older children were also there during Robert's class, so Miss Amy put out legos for William and the others in the party room and one of the ladies' mothers watched the kids while we were in class. When we got home, William took a two hour nap before I woke him up. It was a good day. Those boys have more energy than I know what to do with!

Today We have been to the grocery store so far, had lunch and then played with Legos. Well, William and I played with Legos and Robert practiced rolling. Today he's finally able to do it on command. He's so proud of himself and I am too. He sometimes laughs when he rolls, which is extra adorable.

Well, I need to go clean while the boys nap. I would like to nap, but I know that as soon as I lay my head down, one of them will wake up. Maybe it's all in my head, but somehow they just know. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment