Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 27, 2014

How did Thursday get here already? I feel like I've hardly come up for air, mostly because I haven't been sleeping. It's not the boys, just insomnia.

Robert has gone two whole weeks with no eye gunk in either eye! I am so glad that the ducts have cleared on their own!!! His sweet little face is just too cute, and I'm glad I no longer have to make him upset by clearing his eyes every time he wakes. We've also been slightly more successful with food as Robert has tried both apple sauce and banana. The apple sauce seems to be a bust, but he did like gnawing on a whole banana (that I was eating) for a good 30 minutes this morning. I don't know that he actually ate any of it, but the fact he put it in his mouth willingly and chewed it is a great step forward. I let him gnaw on an apple the other day (just to taste it), and all I got was a dirty look and a cry. I hope this is not a precursor to him being a picky eater. I got so lucky that William will try almost anything. Oh! And Robert has really mastered the walker. The other day while I was making diner, he was roaming around the house happy as a lark, even visiting me twice while I was cooking to flash his toothless smile. Such a fun time to be alive! Robert is also sitting up more and more. He hasn't got the balance down 100% but pretty soon I know he'll be sitting up on his own unassisted all the time.

Last Wednesday we had MOPS in the morning followed an afternoon outside with our neighbor Ashly and her boys Oliver and Henry. It's nice having a neighbor with boys the same age as mine. They keep each other entertained!

Thursday I had Bible Study where we talked about the fruits of the spirit 'kindness' and 'goodness'. It was a good time and I learned a lot. The weather was so great that the boys and I went on a walk in the afternoon and got to explore the neighborhood a little bit. They are putting up houses right and left and have even added a new street in our development. It was fun to see all the growth and know we'll be getting many new neighbors!

Friday we went to the Thinkery in the morning. It was a crazy madhouse, but I managed to keep it together just long enough for William to do almost everything. I finally broke down and had a panic attack (there were just too many people in a small place. I was worried we's get trampled), so we went across the street to look at the ducks and play on the playground. That was relaxing and I am so glad that beautiful little lake is there! After nap, another walk. I'm trying to get the boys outside as much as possible when the weather permits. We live indoors far too much because it is either too hot or cold. It's much easier to run around without walls getting in your way.

Saturday was SO FUN! Francis, the boys and I went to the Play Park for All Abilities up in Round Rock with Seth and Arlene and their daughter Caitlyn. It was amazing (and free!). They have a string of playgrounds, sand pits and other activities so kids of all age and abilities can enjoy being themselves. William really loved the pretend town. Inside the school there was a map of Texas and the United states as well as a fake board with letters and numbers. He said, "Look mommy! There are letters and there are numbers! Oh! And a map of the United States!" My jaw dropped to the floor. How did he know that? It only got worse (by worse I mean better) after that. At the gas station, William pretended to gad up a car (it only had the station, not a pretent pump) and he said, "Mommy, don't forget your receipt!" At the grocery store, he pretended to check me out (this is all outside so it is really a shell building with only pictures on the walls) and took my imaginary food, put it in imaginary bags, took my imaginary money and put it in an imaginary cash register and then gave me imaginary CHANGE! I didn't even know he knew people got change since I almost always use my credit card. At the hospital he looked at the pictures on the wall and pointed and said(correctly) "Mommy, that's a picture of your bones, that's a picture of inside your muscles, and that's...um...that's your blood things (pulmonary system)". I was shocked. He proceeded to pretent to be a pharmacist and give me the medicine I needed to heal. Then he wanted to check the engine on the pretend school bus to make sure everything was in working order. He also asked me for a fire hydrant to hook up his imaginary hose to put out a fire at the fire station. This kid has such a wonderfully vivid imagination! I had no idea it was so detailed or deep, but I shouldn't be surprised. He's an amazing kid! I am so glad I got to witness it first hand!!!! We capped off the evening by Francis making the most delicious burgers I've ever had. I put steak marinade in them and then put blue cheese on top. Even William couldn't get enough! Thanks Hun!

Sunday we had a wonderful time at church and got to catch up with Becky and Russ afterwards over lunch. And then in the evening, Francis took Robert on his first bike ride in the trailer. He loved it even though it was just around the block before Francis and William went on further. William was a great big bro and made sure Robert was ok while they travelled. I foresee many fun trips to come!

Monday was Little Gym day and boy boys handled it like champs. We had Panda Express in the middle and made a stop at Target before heading back. A woman who had been sitting in her car suddenly turned it on and backed up with no noticed and brushed the back of my leg with her car and just missed William (I was holding Robert). Scared me good and the lady too. Look behind before you back up!!!!!!!

Tuesday we went to the grocery store, came back for lunch and then went to the outlet mall with Arlene and Caitlyn. William and Caitlyn had a great time together while Arelene and I shopped. I finally got myself a few new tops an got William some pants as well as shoes for his tuxedo. A good shopping trip with good company. Success!!

Wednesday the boys and I went to Barnes and Noble for story time and saw Angel with Ranger and Annette with her daughter Gracie (who LOVES William). Fun was had by all, even if the stories were a little too long this week. I spent the afternoon cleaning. Of course I steam clean the carpet and couches on the day it drizzle rains all day. I'm just asking to be disappointed!

Today we went to MOMS bible study again. On the way into the building, I was pushing the stroller, and a car that had been sitting there since before we got out of our car suddenly pulled out without warning while we were right behind it (neither I nor Angel who was there even knew the car was on). I yanked the stroller back away, but William came tumbling out right behind the car (he had been playing with Ranger and climbed in without buckling in). Thankfully the car stopped just as suddenly as it started, and then man waved and apologized. I know he felt terrible. PLEASE LOOK BEHIND YOU BEFORE YOU BACK OUT! My child has been nearly hit by a vehicle 3 times in the past 2 weeks, and two of those times were by people who were likely distracted by something in their car and started backing up without warning. I am hyper vigilant when passing cars with my children. There is nothing more I can do.   That's my PSA. Watch where you are driving! I am SO thankful for God's protection.

We had Chick-fil-a with friends after bible study and now naptime is coming to a close. Till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment