Thursday, February 6, 2014

Christian's Wedding Week Part 2

Part 2, to begin where I left off...Wednesday I got to meet my friend Candace and her new baby which was very special. Wednesday night went the boys and I went to Pei Wei with my in-laws, and quite honestly, it's the last non-wedding thing I can remember doing until after the reception was over.

Thursday two of Christian's bridesmaids, May and maid-of-honor Kristen (not to be confused with sister Kristen), came in in the morning to be with Christian. I set up for the bachelorette party in the morning at my parent's house, then picked up William and my dad's tux as well as the cupcakes for the party with my parents and the boys, and then continued to set up for the party (with Christian, May and MOH Kristen to help) well into the afternoon. By the time the party was ready to start, the house was like a beautiful explosion of Paris and Pink. As the guests arrived, each got to make their own pizza and then we cooked them in one of my mother's double ovens. It worked out great, and everyone was fed. I got to see people I haven't since high school and also was reminded why I was so fond of them back then (Courtney, Sara, Caylie and Casey, don't be strangers!). I was also able to make new friends, and spend time with others I hold so dear all the time (like Ashley, Danielle, and of course the bride!). It was a great party. We played fish bowl using memories we had of Christian and then got to tell the memories at the end. We had a pinata that Christian got to break open. We played Mafia like we haven't done since we were children. I had a blast and I think everyone else did too. Such a good night.

Friday my mother-in-law took William to the Dallas Zoo for the day while Robert and I went to the bridesmaid's luncheon at Mimi's cafe. We all got to meet Chad's sister Christian and just have a nice lunch with the ladies from the wedding party (moms and grandmothers included). After lunch, the bridesmaids and Christian went for Manicures and pedicures to begin the beautification process.  After some time with the bride, we went back and got dressed for the rehearsal. William (with my in-laws) and Francis (who just arrived in town) met me at the church for the rehearsal. William did great, holding the flower girl's hand down the aisle. It was super cute. William and Robert went back to the house with my in-laws while Francis and I along with the rest of the wedding party headed onto the rehearsal dinner at Rudy's. The dinner was good and my parents made Chad and "official" citizen of Texas complete with certificate. It was fun.

Saturday, my mother in law and I got up bright and early and headed over to my parents house along with Robert. My mom hired a hair lady and makeup lady to do everyone's hair and makeup for the big day. All the ladies turn out gorgeous, and it was very low stress overall. My mother in law took care of Robert while I got all my stuff done, which was an amazing help. I cannot say enough nice things about Francis's parents, especially his mom. They did everything possible to help with the kids so I could spend as much time and energy on the bride as possible. I could not have done all I did without them! Anyway, after we had all had lunch, we headed up to church to get dressed. My mother zipped up Christian and she looked like one of the prettiest bride's there's ever been. Her dress was white, tea-length, with a halter top, beaded belt, and beautiful lace all over. The most radiant part of her though was the light glowing from her face. She was so happy and we were so happy for her. The wedding ceremony was perfect, and I cried through it (even though I tried not to). Chad too looked like he was going to cry, which made the moment that much sweeter. The minister was so nervous (his hands were shaking), but he did a splendid job; the ceremony was short but sweet. Afterward was a ceremony full of swing dancing (how they met) and general dancing by almost everyone present. The DJ said it is the most people he'd ever seen on a dance floor. The cakes were delicious (the groom's cake was a duck with a crown on it for the Noble-Drake wedding), and the first dance was something out of a movie. Chad was even kind enough to dance with both Danielle and I in turn, which was extra special to be sure. at the end of the night, we gathered around the bride and groom, sang to them in a circle, and then blew bubbles as they took off in their car for their hotel. It was a perfect day for one of the sweetest couples I know.

Here are two poems to describe the day, the day. The second was actually on the guestbook table, and I am so honored that it was.

Dawn breaks
The bride awakes
Her love is waiting
The time has come

The curls of her hair 
Are gently folded
Onto her head 
And Softly Pinned in place

The features on her face 
Are painted with a shade
So tender, lovely
Hinting at the beauty beneath

Hidden in her cheek 
Is a kiss so sought 
Today it will be given 
O joyous day

Once clothed In lacy white 
The bells all peal
And piano plays
As she enters marking time 

Her love in black and white 
Receives her hand
The one he intends to hold
Till death they part

Kind minister
Begins the celebration 
Vows exchanged
Rings given

With one kiss
Their covenant is sealed
That none shall break
And God has blessed

Then the festivities commence
To honor bride and groom
To dance and laugh and smile
A party for the ages

But finally the time has come
As bubbles flow through the air 
For the couple to bid adieu
The parting is bittersweet

For though the wedding is over
A marriage now begins
And where Christ joins together
The love will never end
 
And the other:
 
A Bridal Boogie

Dance Bride Dance
Let your tea length gown sway
Let your silver shoes move
To the swinging beat all day

Move Groom move
Flip and spin your wife
Let her tender curls twirl
To your heart’s delight

Play Music play
On this blessed wedding day
Bring us to the place
Where wedded bliss lay

Groove family groove
Rejoice in this union true
Celebrate Christ’s love for them
Where one is more than two

We had a lot of help cleaning up so everything was done quickly after the happy couple left. Right before they left, Danielle and I went to ask Christian a question as she changed, and found her and mother having a conversation. The four of us got to have one last hug. I was just glad to have one little moment with her to remember that day. She's a keeper, that Christian. Chas is a lucky man.


Sunday Francis, the boys, and I headed back to Austin before an ice storm hit Plano. I seem to be good at missing weather events,. We got home, unpacked and watched a disappointing Super Bowl. The highlight of the day was Robert's Baby kisses, which he has learned to give at will. He now grabs our faces, kisses them, laughs and lets go. It's adorable. 
 
So, we're home now. I'm so glad to be back but feel like I'll never catch up. I'll post next time about all that has happened this week. Till then!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment