Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013

Last Saturday was quite a day for this Phillips family. Arlene Jennings, Ashley Duran, and Angel Davis threw Robert and me a "sprinkle" (Baby Shower). It was so much fun! The decorations were adorable, the games were so fun, and the food was delicious! Robert got a bunch of amazing gifts and all of the ladies there (both friends and family) made me feel so loved and appreciated. My mom, sisters, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and aunt Camille were all there, and that made it extra special. Thank you to all who participated both here and from afar. You have truly blessed us. Arlene made this adorable sign for Robert that I will be able to hang on the door to his hospital room. I can't wait to use it!!!

While I was at the shower, Francis, his dad, my brother-in-law Chris, my niece Abby and William all went to the circus. Abby and William had never been before so this was a special treat! William loved the animals, especially the lions, dogs, horses, and elephants. He still tells me about them at least twice a day. William came home stained with delicious red snow cone and smiling like all  his dreams had come true. He is ready to go back again already. I try to tell him that it will be at least another year before they come back, but I don't think he believes me.

Sunday after church, we set up the stroller, bassinet, and assembled a few other items we received in anticipation of Robert's arrival. We then went to Target and exchanged the duplicates we got (we got three slumber bears and three microsteam bags) and were able to get all the last essential items on our registry in return. I fee like now we are pretty much all set! I'm so excited!

Monday was the start of a new season at The Little Gym. They have a new director, Mr. Joseph and he is full of energy and kindness though he is still learning his way around. While in practice time, he offered to spot William on the balance beam, but didn't realize where the beam ended and mat began when William went to jump off. William's foot got caught and twisted. He cried and cried until he fell asleep and was reluctant to walk on it for the rest of the day. He is still limping and it is still a little swollen, though not complaining about it at all. I am taking him to the doctor for it after William wakes up from his nap. Please pray nothing is wrong!

I also had my doctor's appointment on Monday. I am 2 cm dilated now, and nothing else has really changed. The cord is wrapped more around Robert's head and shoulders (if that makes sense) than his neck, so the Dr. thinks he will slip right through the coil as he descends. This is good news. I'm ready for him to come, and yet not ready at the same time. I know I will have help in the beginning which is the only thing that is keeping me from completely freaking out sometimes. I know in my head and heart that everything will be alright, but sometimes my hormones get the better of me!

Tuesday after William's regular class at The Little Gym, we headed to South Austin and met up with Arlene for lunch. I got my dream diaper bag (a Petunia Pickle Bottom one) and although it was expensive, I do feel it was an investment. The diaper bag I had with William (which was originally $80) cracked and started to split after only a few months. I used it for the first year, but it just didn't hold up like it should have. I've heard only good things about this brand and look forward to getting to use my new bag very soon! Thanks Arlene for going with us!


Yesterday William and I went to Barnes & Noble for story time. We ended up leaving shortly afterwards due to a parent not parenting her ill behaved child. It makes me sad (and a little angry) to see kids misbehave and have no discipline as a result. I wish all parents respected and loved their children enough to intervene and show them right from wrong. I am far from perfect, but I do try my best. I have a very low tolerance for lazy parenting (It's a fault of mine, and I try to handle it as patiently and kindly as I can). I really hope that mom was just having a bad day...

Yesterday afternoon, William and I went to Tracy Crow's house where William got to play with one of his favorite people: Tanner. They ran around for a good 2 hours in the house and the backyard while Tracy and I penciled down the Sunday school class socials through December. I'm excited for all the upcoming events, and if you are in our class, you should be too!

Hehe, I walked into William's bedroom this morning to find he had pulled all of his stuffed animals up to the head of his bed and had buried himself right in the middle of them, looking at me with a big grin on his face. I laughed so hard, and he did too. He's such a clown sometimes, and I love to see his sense of humor developing.

Well, that's it for now. If you happen to be thinking about us around 2:50 this afternoon, say a little prayer for William's foot/ankle. I figure they will have to do an x-ray or imaging and I am not looking forward to it. I really hope they don't find anything serious wrong.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment