Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21, 2013

Well, the bad news is, it seems that my joint condition is catching up with me again this pregnancy (EDS). I had a pretty good headache last week that nothing would get rid of, and it seems that is the precursor to what I woke up to this morning: swollen joints and some pain/difficultly moving. Fortunately it isn't terrible today. I am not yet so swollen that my wedding ring won't fit. I was able to work out most of the pain, but if I recall correctly, the pain gets progressively worse and I get more swollen as time goes by. I'm really hoping it will hold off as long as possible (especially since my shower is on Saturday), but I know I have no guarantees. By the time I finally had William, I couldn't even walk up the stairs because I hurt so much and felt so swollen and weak. Here's hoping I don't get to that point this time!!!

Last Saturday we went car shopping at the Acura dealership. While in the showroom, William climbed up in the driver's seat of a model and started to look around. After a minute, he accidentally honked the horn. Everyone in the area looked at him. He was shocked by the sound and looked totally embarrassed, exclaiming "Oh gosh!" at the top of his lungs. It was completely adorable and something I've never seen or heard him do. I got him out of the car and put him on the ground where he tried to act like nothing happened as he slowly walked away from the car. It was totally priceless. Well, as I said, we were car shopping and although I found my current dream car (a 2014 Acura MDX), it is more than we want to spend at the moment. Our solution is to put a hitch on the back of my Escape and get a hitch hauler so we can put the dog kennels and suitcases on the hitch and put the dogs in the back of the car where the kennels currently go. It should work... until we have another kid (as in a #3 not Robert). I like my Escape a lot. We are just running out of space.

We also went camera shopping on Saturday. My camera went kaput at William's birthday party, so we need a new one before Robert comes. We are looking at getting a DSLR this time because I am tired of having to get a new point and shoot camera every two years when they just don't last. If you have a suggestion, let me know!

At my appointment on Monday I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Robert is unlikely to be coming this week. The Dr. also found that the cord may be wrapped around Robert's neck. She was not concerned (said that about 1 in 5 babies are born that way and most have no problem with it). Dr. Brown even made me have a contraction (something I did not know she was capable of just by poking me) to monitor the babies heartbeat and make sure everything would be fine in labor. Robert did not seem at all distressed during the contraction, which is excellent. I am trying not to be worried, but I am really hoping the sonogram next week shows that it is no longer wrapped!

William is getting exposure to babies everywhere he goes. There were three babies at The Little Gym yesterday that he was able to look at and wave to. We also got to see Baby Phillip when we took Amy and John (our neighbors) a meal yesterday. Today at Storytime, both books were about baby brothers (random I know!) and this afternoon we are taking a meal to Heidi, Greg and William's friend Lillian where we will get to see new baby Rosalee. So far he has liked all the babies. He pretends to be a baby so I will show him how things are done and then practices on me or his dolls. It is entirely adorable. Yesterday when we saw Phillip, William smiled, pointed to my tummy and said "Rob!" This is the first time he has called Robert by name and not just said baby. Made my heart so happy! I really hope these two are the best of friends!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment