Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013

September kind of crept up on me a little bit. What with parties, and planning for Robert, September was a far off thought. But it's here now and Robert soon will be too!

I'll try to keep this short. William's dr. appointment last week ended with him getting some x-rays. He has no broken bones, but he did pull the ligament on the inside of his left ankle. The dr. said he should keep off of it, but that he knew that was unlikely. It should heal on its own though, which is good. Thanks for all your concerns!

Friday William and I ran a bunch of errands and I learned that it is a lot easier to keep William in the cart when he has a hurt foot. He usually wants to walk next to me after a very short time, but not Friday! He stayed put and it made for a very quick trip. I suppose that's the positive in all the negatives.

Saturday, Francis, William and I ran more errands, getting the last couple of things on our list for Robert. We got a new camera! We got a Canon T3i DSLR camera. Francis has been playing with it ever since and has gotten some really good shots. I think we will be pretty satisfied with it. Best part is, now we'll be able to take non-blurry photos of William when he comes! Yay!!!!

Sunday after church we had Angel, Austin and their son Ranger come over for the evening to hang out. It is possible that Angel will be taking William when we go to the hospital until my mom arrives, so we wanted to make sure William remembers her and is comfortable with her. Ranger is almost 2 and cute as can be. He and William had a GREAT time playing together and both got a good lesson in sharing and cooperative play. It was so fun to see their little minds plan and scheme as they ran around the house with different toys. I do believe fun was had by all. Such fun friends!

Yesterday was Labor Day (obviously I didn't go into Labor though, haha) and Francis had the day off. We grocery shopped in the morning and went to Target and Home Depot in the afternoon (super exciting I know). William always loves when Francis is home so it was a great holiday for him! Francis did make Garlic Chicken though and it was delicious!!! I always love it when he cooks. After William went to sleep, Francis and I watched The Avengers in 3D. I had forgotten how awesome our TV is at doing 3D. It was very enjoyable. Like a night out, only at home!

And not for the bad news. My joint pain has finally hit. I woke up this morning unable to make a fist (due to swelling and pain) and walking at the Little Gym this morning was a bit of a challenge. I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I'll be curious to see what Dr. Brown has to say at my appointment this afternoon. She may make me wait another week or she may want to induce. I honestly don't know. Francis and William are planning to attend a family wedding in North Carolina on Sunday, so this appointment may make or break that trip. I hope they can go, but I also don't want to hurt as much as I know I will in a couple of days. So, we'll see!

That's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment