Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2, 2013

Happy 5th Anniversary, Francis! That's right, today Francis and I have been married 5 whole years! I am hoping to multiply that by at least 10 as the years go one. I love him so much!

This is quite a week for celebrating marriage. Last Friday evening, my sister Christian texted me with the picture of a ring. An engagement ring! I knew it was coming (and covertly helped with the ring selection), but I was still SUPER thrilled! I will be gaining a new brother, Chad Drake. We like him a lot. You can bet that first thing Saturday morning, William, Francis and I hopped in the car and headed straight to Plano to celebrate. This was something we had already planned on doing both to pick up our dogs from my parents and celebrate Christian's birthday, but I was extra motivated to be sure. We arrived in time to have lunch with both our families (minus the engaged couple), go shopping and hang out at my in-laws house before dinner. Dinner was at my parents' house (my favorite meal, shisk-ka-bobs!!!) and Christian and Chad joined us. I got a good look at Christian's ring and wedding band (which are both gorgeous!) and we were regaled with the sweet proposal my future brother-in-law planned. It was Dr. Who themed which was perfect for Christian. They have booked the chapel at Prestonwood for February 1st. I am so happy for them both!

 Sunday was also a red-letter day. After going to church with my family and having lunch with them, my mom Christian, Danielle and I broke off from the boys to go wedding dress shopping. We went to David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo and Brides by Demetrios. The first two stores were a bust (Christian wants a tea length dress with lace on the top), but Demetrios does custom gowns where you can choose any top/bottom combination and pick what bust line you want. This was promising and even more so as we found that they would be willing to shorten any of the long dresses to tea length. The third dress Christian tried on was nearly identical to the picture Christian had in her head, only better. We held it up so she could see it shortened, and I started to tear up because I knew it was the one. With a veil and the perfect belt, she looked like an angel. I actually cried twice. I would blame the pregnancy hormones, but it would be a lie. Weddings always make me cry for joy and I think this one will more than most. Well, Christian said yes to the dress and we ordered it. It should come in December some time. I feel so blessed and honored that I was there for such a special moment! After dinner, Francis and I headed home. It was a short trip, but I loved every minute of it!

This week, I've been playing catch up. I've cleaned areas of the house that haven't been cleaned in forever, I've organized, I grocery shopped and I have party planned for William's birthday. I ordered his cake, which William chose. He has a new fascination with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...so now everything is Mickey themed. I'm just glad he told me before I had bought stuff!

I've also gotten to catch up with a coupld of friends. William and I have now gotten to meet Phillip, our neighbor Amy's newborn. William really wants to touch him, but he'll have to settle for looking right now. He really wants to play with Phillip too. It makes me super excited for Robert's arrival! I think William will be such a great brother! I've also seen Arlene and her little girl Caitlyn twice this week. We had lunch at the mall on Wednesday and went to the pool this morning. They are such sweet friends!

Tonight, Francis and I are going out for our anniversary. We already had our trip to Hawaii so it won't be anything too big. I am looking forward to giving him the card and gift I got him though. I love him so much!

Well, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment