Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013

First order of business: I forgot to tell about my OBGYN appointment last week. Oops! I went in and everything looked great. The Dr. told me that Robert has a full head of hair. She pointed it out on the sonogram. I had no idea you could see those things! His heart rate was 127 and he is still head down. I have another Dr. appointment next week, and then I start having one every week. We're getting so close!

This week has been busy, but not much to write about. I've been preparing for William's 2nd (SECOND, AH!) birthday party which will be happening this Saturday. We are having the party at The Little Gym, but I plan on inviting the family back so William can open presents at home at his leisure. He would be rushed at his party and I've noticed with some of his peers that this does not work. This means that I have to get the house in order. On top of this compulsion to get things clean for others, I think I'm nesting already. Yesterday, William dropped some grape jelly on my carpet, and I reacted by doing the only logical thing...steam cleaning all the carpet in the house. It wasn't until I finished (and almost passed out) that I even really realized what I was doing. I then went onto clean other things and vacuum with my special helper doing his best to keep up. I've been organizing and preparing like crazy. We've reassembled the crib so it is Robert ready and I got out all the newborn clothes, hung them up and then organized the closet. The kitchen has also had a makeover to make room for Robert's bottles and baby gear. If I don't kill myself in the process, this house might just be clean at some point.

William has been a real trooper. He is mastering playing by himself when I need to get something done, but he still loves his mommy playing with him. He is forming an opinion about everything. Just this week he has started to tell me what he wants to wear for the day. He wanted to to wear his "blast off" shirt (rocket) on Tuesday, and nothing else would do. I'm so glad it was clean! We've also been practicing taking care of a baby. William has a couple of stuffed animals, and William rocks them, shushes them, "feeds them" and changes their diaper. He's becoming quite an expert. My neighbor came over yesterday with her 2 week old and William desperately wanted to help him stop crying when he was upset. He shared his toys and shushed. It was adorable. Then when Phillip was finally calm, William just stared and stared, occasionally touching his clothes and feet gently. I can't wait to see what he's going to do when Robert comes. He's going to be the most awesome brother!

I can't wait for this weekend! William officially turns 2 on Sunday, but he is definitely looking forward to his party. When you ask him who is coming, he spreads his arms wide and says, "EVERYBODY!" When I list who is coming (both my and Francis's families will be attending), he gets super excited, jumps up and down and squeals. It's so cute, so I do it a lot.

Well, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment