Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012

And the countdown begins...for a lot of things. But I am getting ahead of myself.

William is walking so much more! He learned to spread his legs while walking on Tuesday so now he is able to stop in the middle of walking. He now has two speeds: speedy and normal. William has also started to carry around objects when he walks. It's super cute to see how proud he is! It is making him look so much more like a little boy and less like a baby. He still hasn't stood up from the floor without holding onto anything though. I don't think it is that he can't. I know he would be able, he just hasn't tried.

Friday Francis, William and I joined all of my family in Waco for Christian's birthday. My sisters, parents, grandparents, Francis, William and some of Christian's friends all had Steak and cake. Saturday in Waco, Christian graduated from Baylor Law School. I am so proud of her. William didn't make it through the ceremony, but Francis was kind enough to watch him so I could see her graduate. We all (friends and family included) had lunch at Rudy's afterward to celebrate her achievement. It was so fun and William had a blast hanging out with all the "big kids" (college students and recent grads).

This week will be spent cleaning the house like crazy...not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to William's party on Saturday. I had three different people stop me at church on Sunday and tell me how excited they were for this coming Saturday. It's gonna be great!

Ok, now for the big news...well two pieces of big news. I am going to be going to Scotland and Ireland for a week with my sisters and mother. I leave in 2 weeks. It is the first time I will be leaving William, but Francis has taken the week off to stay with him so I know he is in good hands. Danielle will be performing in Scotland. I have such accomplished sisters!!!

And now for the BIG news. Francis, William and I will be relocating to South Korea for 6 weeks starting on September 1st. We found out on Friday that Francis was going and the idea of us being away from his so long was not one we wanted to consider. Francis's boss's wife and young son will also be going with her husband for the full time, so I will at least have one companion while Francis is at work. I am both excited and scared. If you all would pray for us as we make preparations for this adventure, we would surely appreciate it! We are going to apply for William's passport today and expedite it. Please pray it gets here speedily so we can continue plan without worrying that it will arrive in time. We would be gone September 1st through October 13th.

So as I said, the countdown begins to William turning one, to going to Scotland/Ireland and to living in Korea for 6 weeks. It's going to be an exciting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment