Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012

Happy belated Independence Day! It was an awesome week. I don't even know where to begin! Francis got off at 4 on Tuesday so we made to Dallas with NO traffic!!! It was amazing. I would love to do that every time.
Wednesday was the 4th of July. We started off the morning by going to the Plano parade. William got a bunch of candy and loved seeing all the people and floats. We spent the whole day with both my parents and Francis's as well as my sister Danielle. After the parade we all went back to my parents house for some of the most delicious brisket anyone could have. Yummy! We spent the afternoon in good company with tons of laughter and smiles. We had dinner at In and Out Burger and then watched the fireworks from the CCCC campus. William loved the fireworks! He kept trying to reach out and touch them. He is his daddy's son. We actually got to see two shows. We saw the Plano one, which was awesome, and while we waited for the traffic to clear, we could see the Murphy fireworks. It was great!

Thursday was Danielle 21st birthday. Happy Birthday Danielle! The morning started off with my mom, Danielle, William and I going bowling (Francis and his dad went golfing). It was fun. I actually broke 100! William didn't play, but he had fun watching and celebrating. After lunch Francis took William and Danielle, mom and I went and got pedicures. My toes look pretty! We rounded off the evening with my in-laws watching William, and Francis and my dad joining the rest of us for the Amazing Spider Man at Studio Movie Grill. I finally got some coconut tenders! We went back to my parents house for presents and cake. I got Danielle a gift card to Hancock's Fabrics. I hope she likes it!

Friday was Lake Day! Francis, William and I met my mom, dad and Danielle up at Lake Lavon where we spent the day on my parents' boat. The water was so smooth! William loved swimming and he even got to ride on the inner tube. The ride was so smooth that he fell asleep in my arms. We had some yummy steak for a late lunch and finally headed home, but not without a killer sunburn for Francis. That evening we played 500 (a card game) with Frankie's parents and just relaxed while Francis soaked in aloe.

Saturday we celebrated my mother-in-laws birthday. Cyndy and Chris had driven in late the night before with Abby. We spent the morning swimming and playing in the pool. William and Abby get along great. They kept trying to share things and no one got mad! William wants to be like Abby now. The whole weekend, he never wanted to crawl, but kept reaching for people's hands so he could walk like her! After a lunch at Chipotle, we bought the stuff to make a cake. Brandon hung out with us in the afternoon while I baked the cake (in the shape of a huge cupcake). All of Francis's family had dinner at Maggiano's. We then went to the nearby mall so Abby and William could play on the playground. William was certainly the youngest child there, but he was as big or bigger than many of the other children. He was more interested in talking and interacting with all the parents around the playground than he was playing on the equipment. He's so social! After the kiddos we in bed, we played a rousing game of Oh Heck (Dutch Blitz for you Canadians). I actually one once! It was intense! I also iced my mother-in-law's birthday cake. It was practice for William's cake next month, but it actually turned out pretty cute!

Yesterday we had lunch with my family and played with Francis's parents before heading home. It was a long trip and I am so glad to be back. William is not sleeping very well again, but I am hoping being back home will help that. I know I've forgotten a multitude of things, but that is what I have for now. Mr. Man is crying upstairs and refusing to nap so I guess I should go.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment