Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6th, 2012

What a week! We finally got William applied for a passport. It took two tries because Monday we went in and got to the front of the line when they decided they weren't going to do anymore that day. Wednesday we had an appointment elsewhere and applied with minimal trouble. We should be getting it this week or next. We bought our tickets to Korea on Wednesday! I can't believe it. It is going to be quite an adventure.

I spent more of last week getting ready for William's party. I decorated the house so cute with streamers, and signs and little and big 1s everywhere. When talking about William's upcoming party this past week, two different women (with young children) asked if William was turning 2. I guess he is just that big. He is wearing 2T now, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

My in-laws came in Friday night and helped as get set up on Saturday morning for the party. My parents and sister also came up early to help. Cyndy and Chris arrived with Abby right about lunch time and shortly afterward, Cyndy photographed William's cake smash. It was adorable and the picture I have seen thus far is super cute. I can't wait to see the rest!

The party itself started at 2 and was a huge success!!! Francis made a movie of all the pictures of William and we played them on the TV during the party. It was fun for everyone to see pictures of themself with William and to watch him grow up in photos. We had 31 people! Luckily everyone fit and we had enough food. The cake was awesome! The people of Walmart did an amazing job making the cake look exactly like the napkin I gave them. When William got a slice of it, he dug in! It tasted yummy! William got a ton of awesome presents including a chair that was made by my great grandfather for my dad, a little tikes car, a recordable book read to him by his great grandmother, and R2D2 chair and a hand carved tuck with payload. He also got a bunch of books (which he loves!), some clothes and a lot of other fun toys. Thank you to everyone who attended and loved on William! I got a photo from William's Nana celebrating in Canada as well as a photo of my friend Rachael celebrating William's birthday in Japan. My sister Danielle celebrated in Scotland. His party was truly an international affair!!!

William tried to assemble his little tikes car by himself on Sunday because his daddy wasn't doing it fast enough. When Francis finally got it all assembled, he and William spent the evening racing down the driveway. William was squealing with delight and did not want to leave his car to got o bed. I already knew he was a daredevil; this just confirms it!

I am doing ok about William turning 1 because I am still in a bit of denial. He doesn't officially turn one until Saturday, so we had his party early. Makes me feel better about it all. Saturday evening I leave for Scotland, so I am hoping by the time I return I will have come to terms with the fact that my little baby is becoming a little boy. We'll see.

I am spending this week packing and preparing Francis and William for my week away. Please pray for all of us as this will be my first time away from William. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment