Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012

Now much to report this week. I've mainly been doing a lot of cleaning while William cleverly finds new ways to climb, move, cause mischief and generally be a boy. I am trying to get the house in order for William's party in a couple of weeks. I had let it go for a bit and now I am playing catch up. I am not talking about generally weekly cleaning. I have been painting over scuffs and scratches in the walls, cleaning the grout, getting stains off the tile... you know, the things you always "mean to" do but never get around to. I still have a laundry list of tasks to complete and my back and arms are already sore!

William has been William this week. I can't think of what to say except his is becoming more like a little boy and less like a baby each day. I can't believe it!

Francis's and my 4th anniversary is August 2nd, two days before William's birthday party. So we have been celebrating our anniversary in stages to make up for it. Saturday we rented John Carter and watched it after William went to bed. We never rent/watch movies, so it was a nice change. Sunday night, our awesome neighbor Amy agreed to sit in our house after William went to bed so we could go have a nice dinner (she got to watch the Blind Side so I hope she didn't mind too much!). Francis and I went to Fleming's, an steak and wine restaurant. Since neither Francis or I drink, we stuck to the steak. I know the waiter thought we were odd. Francis had received a gift card from work for Flemings for $100 and so our meal was free (just barely!). I had an amazing filet Mignon with bleu cheese mashed potatoes. Even reheated in the microwave the next day for lunch, it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. I would go back. I hope Francis gets another gift car soon!

William just woke up so I have to go. His naps are just too short. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment