Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31,2011

The last day of May! This month went by so quickly. If the next 10 weeks go as fast, William will be here in the blink of an eye. It didn't help that at least two of my friends had babies in the past couple of days. Pretty soon, I will be the next in line.

This weekend was awesome, with only a few minor hiccups. Friday night was quiet. Francis, William and I spent the evening at home. I wasn't feeling well; I had a terrible sinus headache. Francis was sweet though and rubbed my head, brought me ice water and provided me with ice packs. Luckily the headache was gone by morning. It's the first time I have felt poorly in a long time, and I hope it is a long time before I feel ill again!

Saturday we had out Bible Study group over for dinner and board games. Francis made Tortellini, French Onion Soup, and homemade vanilla ice cream served on a hot chocolate chip cookie. Hungry yet? It was delicious!!! The men played Lord of the Rings Risk and the ladies talk. Let's just say the ladies were finished way before the men, and Tracy and Leigh carpooled  home with their kids. It was a good thing too, because the men (and Becky and I who were watching them) finished their game around midnight. We were all tired for church the next morning.

We went to church and then out to lunch on Sunday before coming back for a quiet afternoon. Francis started feeling poorly as the evening came, so I told him to go lay down. He did, and around 10pm, he spiked a fever of 102. He was shaking and the medicine I gave him didn't help. About an hour later, we figured out why. Everything Francis had eaten that day came back with a vengeance. But after about 10 minutes of unpleasantness, Francis felt great and his temperature was normal. All we can figure is that he ate something with citrus in it at lunch. Poor guy! Lucky for him, he slept well through the night. I was less fortunate. I kept worrying he would wake up and feel bad again. My fears were unfounded.

Monday, memorial day, we went to a get-together with our Sunday School Class. It was a lot of fun to get to spend time with everyone outside of class. The men and some of the older boys played football, and then all of the kids had a water balloon fight. It was a great way to round off the weekend!

Oh! I passed my glucose test. I don't think I have written since that happened. William will probably be a big baby if he takes after my family, but the doctors won't be able to blame gestational diabetes! They will have to blame genetics.

William is moving up a storm and telling me it is time for lunch, so I guess I will end by saying that he is healthy and everything is looking great. I leave for New York on Friday for a week. I will be attending Francis's cousins wedding, and then enjoying one of the cities I love the best. I might be a little crazy for traipsing around NYC at 31 weeks pregnant, but I am sure it will all work out fine. If you think about it, say a little prayer for me next week. William and I may need it!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, my daughter was 9 pounds 4 ounces! I also can blame genetics:) it has been a heck of a ride the past few days. Praying for your health and safety as well as little william's. Can't wait to see the little guy!

    Oh and I totally went to puertro Rico at around 30 weeks when I was pregnant with yousef... We survived! Even went hiking in the rainforest! New York will be just fine, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete