Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

So, things are really starting to fall into place. For starters, I made a Birth Plan. I don't know if I will stick by it at all, but it was good to think about certain things in advance. I also made a check list for Francis and myself with all important phone numbers and reminders so that we don't forget too much in our trip to and stay at the hospital.

Also, the nursery is coming along. Barring some touch-ups, the nursery is completely painted! My mom, dad and sister Christian came up Friday night. On Saturday, Francis and my dad put up the chair rail. It looks so good!!! I can't wait to hang everything up and get the full picture. I have an awesome Dad and husband. While they were doing manual labor, the girls went shopping. I found a dress for my shower in Dallas next weekend. I am so excited! Oh! And good news for my mother. She finally got to feel William kick! He was up to his old tricks on Friday night. He would move like crazy when Christian touched my stomach, but would stop whenever my mom put her hand on me. I finally called Francis, who is after all the master of making William move, and he jiggled William around a good bit. William then kicked right at my mom's hand. She was very excited. It was a nice early Mother's Day present for her, I think. My family headed back Saturday afternoon so that they could be back at church for Mother's Day on Sunday.

Speaking of Mother's day. I had my first one yesterday. It was a good day. Our church was doing free professional portraits and giving out one free 5 by 7 to each mom. I can't decide which one to order. They came out very nice! Francis took me out for lunch at Carino's and then we went to Target and bought Tangled (something I really wanted!). We completed a bunch of things in the afternoon including hanging the curtains in the nursery as well as two pictures and a mirror that have been sitting on the floor since we moved in. It gave me a great sense of accomplishment to have those things off my list! We watched Tangled in the evening and then when I went to bed, I found a card and little box on my pillow. The card was so sweet, and inside the Zales box was a gorgeous necklace I had said that I wanted. Who could ask for more? It was a wonderful mother's day: one I won't quickly forget. I hope to repay my wonderful husband when Father's Day comes next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment