Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

Wow, a busy weekend. I am not even sure where to start. I guess I will start by saying I am truly blessed. I could do nothing without God and the wonderful blessings he bestows. I have amazing friends and an awesome family. Who could ask for more. I feel very loved.

Friday I graduated with a Master's in Educational Psychology with an Emphasis in Gifted and Talented Education. Try saying that three times fast. The ceremony was on the UNT campus in Denton so we had about an hour drive from my parents' house in Plano. Dr. Phil was the keynote speaker. He actually bumped me walking toward the stage. I didn't realize who he was until after he passed though. As a speaker, I would describe him as entertaining but not inspirational. Definitely not the worst speaker I have ever heard. The ceremony went smoothly. I walked the stage without falling and William didn't kick me too hard, though he made his presence known. Everything was great except that it was just too long. They took forever to hood the doctoral candidates and so by the time it was finally over, half of the Master's candidates had already left and the stands were less than half full. There has to be a way to make that go more quickly. We all (Francis, his parents, my parents, Christian, Danielle, Jamama and Japapa, and I) went to Three Forks for dinner. My steak was delicious and the food overall was very good.

Saturday was my first baby shower. It was held at my mom's house in Plano. William and I looked very cute. We had around 25 people at the shower! I felt so loved to have so many people want to be there. William got some wonderful gifts that both he and I sincerely appreciate! Francis and the boys went out to the range and had some "man time" while the ladies had the shower. I think they had almost as much fun as we did!

Sunday we did maternity photos with Ruth Cooper. I can't wait to see how they turn out! Francis and I went to the park by my parents' house and did a bunch of different cute poses. After dinner we headed back (we couldn't get everything in the car!) and arrived back late last night. It was one of the best weekends ever!

I was going to write more, but how can you top that? Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment