Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Francis had to work the night shift Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to cover for someone who was out. Because of this he had off both Tuesday and Wednesday during the day. It made for a different week to say the least. We spent all of Tuesday cleaning Francis's car. It is now washed, waxed, shampooed, Windex-ed, Armorall-ed and vacuumed. It looks like a different car! Too bad that the dogs will make it dirty again on our next trip to Abilene, Dallas, or somewhere else. Francis cooked dinner Tuesday night. Did I mention Francis is a great chef. I hope this baby is as creative in cooking as his daddy. He made meatball subs. They were delicious! Francis looked at a recipe and then more or less ignored it. I am so glad he did.

Wednesday was a "prepare for baby" day. We found a desk (changing table) to go with our nursery set so now we have a place for the baby to sleep, change diapers and put his clothes. I moved all the books from the nursery into the office, and moved the bookshelf in the nursery into the closet. That piece of furniture as well as a small chest of drawers are going in the closet until kid number 2 comes around and we need them. Until then, this child can store his toys in the drawers and put his books on the shelves in his closet. His closet is huge, so we still will have tons of room to hang clothes and store anything else necessary.

So, crazy pregnant dreams...I've heard about them, but since I have crazy dreams all the time, I don't know when one would qualify as a crazy pregnant dream. Last night was an odd one though. First I dreamt that  I was taking pictures of a crime scene (though I have no idea of the crime) and my camera battery kept blinking that it was going to die. I kept telling it, "No, you have to work. This is my job. WORK!" As far as I can recall, the camera never actually died. Then I had to go back to stay at a hotel with my two former roommates from college. They only had one room so we all had to stay in the extra huge king size bed. Then I heard a garage door open...in the hotel. After I fell asleep in my dream, the doorbell rang. It was the middle of the night even in my dream so I was scared. One of my roommates told me to get it. Suddenly I woke up...I mean really woke up. Then I couldn't figure out if the garage door and door bell were really in my dream, or if I had heard them and just translated it into my dream. It was 4:30am. I was really anxious. To my great relief, Francis rolled over and I asked him softly if he was awake. Strangely, he was. I told him that I thought I heard the doorbell and the garage door, but I wasn't sure if it was a dream. He kindly got up and checked. Everything was fine. I was still a bit nervous so I prayed for a while before falling back asleep. In hindsight, if the doorbell had rang, the dogs would have gone crazy, and if someone had tried to break in, the alarm would have gone off and the cops would have come. But none of that matters in the dark, I suppose. All that matters is that God is still bigger than the Boogie Man (Thanks Veggie Tales!).I found that humming that tune still calms me down in the dead of night. So...strange pregnancy dream? Maybe. Strange night...Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment