Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014

What have we done over the past week. A lot of visiting the Dr. A lot of being sick. And a lot of trying to keep on going despite feeling stuffed up and yucky. Yeah, that about sums it up.

We've all been allergy ridden and coughing for weeks, but Tuesday night to Wednesday morning, William's cough turned ugly. So that morning, I went ahead and took both boys to the Dr. and she said that William had a sinus infection, but Robert was still only congested. She prescribed antibiotics for William and breathing treatments for both boys. William was excited about both the medicine and the breathing treatment (as he asks for both on a near daily basis anyway), but Robert screamed bloody murder during treatment and has continued to do so each time since.

Thursday, we went to the last Moms Together Bible Study of the year. It was a very sweet and emotional time, and William's class did a mini concert for us at the end. William actually sang this time. I have a video. The entire song he is singing a high pitched, enthusiastic, "do do do do do". I guess someone told him if you can't remember the words, just sing "do" because that's what he did! It was adorable and I couldn't help but smile.

Friday, the boys and I went to the aquarium in the morning before I came back and quickly cleaned as much of the house as I could. Rachael Heard came in town in the afternoon to go to a concert with the new guy she is dating (small world, my friend from college who lives in San Antonio is dating the bassist at my church), and she came by to hang out for a bit beforehand. She brought the boys some sweet gifts, and our time was far too brief. After she left I took the boys to The Little Gym of Round Rock's 2nd birthday party. William loved it, especially the cake.

Saturday we all spent a little time with Rachael before she headed home (she stayed at our house after the concert), and then Francis, the boys and I went to Lakeline Mall. We got there right after the mall opened, and the Frozen stuff had just gone on sale. We bought William and Olaf doll, and then bought a couple of other things that we ended up not needing. William was indifferent about his Olaf doll until they sold out and every kid and adult that he passed in the mall asked him where he got it. then he wouldn't let Olaf out of his sight! Silly boy. I got a haircut at the mall. It's short and I like it. Robert is now unable to pull my hair out, and that is the best feeling of all!

Sunday morning, Francis and William went to church, but Robert and I had to go to the after-hours clinic as we both coughed all night long. Three hours later, we were both home with sinus infections, ear infections, and antibiotics too. The Dr. was worried about my breathing and even prescribed an inhaler. It makes me all jittery, but at least I can breath. We all still have a lingering cough, but that can last for weeks apparently. Yay...

This week has been business as usual with stuffy heads and tired bodies. I feel like I'm improving, but only a drop at a time. Better than getting worse though!!!

Robert has been eating more food, but none of is is baby food. He's taking after his Aunt Dani and skipping over baby food, it seems. He loved the chicken from Chick-fil-a that he got little tiny particles at a time and managed to consume a whole nugget. Today he ate 3 strawberries through a special kind of mesh spoon. he is also mastering his pincher grasp and picking up cereal and puffs to eat. I'm just glad he's eating!! He is also becoming more mobile. Although his crawl is still only backwards, he seldom stays anywhere near where I set him down. He is pulling up to standing on anything and everything and moves around accordingly. William encourages him (perhaps too much sometimes), and the two boys are nearly inseparable. I'm so blessed!

That's is for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment