Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22, 2014

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! Such a wonderful week!

Well, William waited with anticipation all week and after a wonderful MOPS on Wednesday and MOMS Bible Study Thursday, it was finally time. We packed up the car and made the 4 1/2 hour journey to Tyler. we left the dogs (and their kennels) behind and filled the roof rack and part of the trailer, and I still am not sure we packed everything we intended to. I sat in the backseat with the boys (no easy task) because the front seat was completely full of stuff. We arrived around 10:30 or 11 and thanks to my parent's the tent was already set up and well lit. It was such a blessing to just be able to unload and put the kids to bed. Angel, Austin, and Ranger Davis arrived some time later, and Francis helped them set up.

Friday morning was one of the most gorgeous mornings God ever made. In fact, the whole day was perfect. great weather, awesome company including my sister Danielle, and very few bugs. My mom, Danielle, Francis, the boys, and the Davis family all went to the Caldwell zoo and played for a good part of the day. We came back in time for the boys to all take good naps. Angel and Austin took the boys out paddle boating in the afternoon. I think these boys were made for camping. Well, the kids of camping we do, anyway. they love the lake and grass and dirt, not to mention the fire and the food. A steak dinner grilled by my dad was excellent that evening. The day was finished off by a small service at the shoreline of the lake where we had the Lord's supper. It was a special time, even though our numbers were low this year (only 35 people). We of course also had a campfire, stories and s'mores (which Ranger and William liked) before we put the kids to bed.

Saturday was equally stunning in all respects. We had a morning Easter egg hunt with just Ranger, William and Robert. the boys all got to have bunny ears and dyed eggs while Francis hid the one with the candy. Robert was both confused and intrigued by the idea of hunting eggs, and tried to put each on in his mouth before I could get him to put it in the basket. The big boys (William and Ranger) ran about with delight as they filled their baskets. My mom got them each a special bunny and chick egg which was filled with candy and money. That's my kind of egg! After lunch and an attempted nap, we went down to the camp egg hunt where the creepy Easter bunny scared children and adults alike, hehe. I was going to have Robert sit out on this one, but he whined enough that Aunt Dani took him over to the race so he could get one egg to chew on (he was uninterested in the candy). William and Ranger got a bunch more eggs, and on the way to dinner at our favorite Mexican food place, the candy coma kicked in for William. He woke up for dinner finally.That evening after all kids were asleep, we played Psychiatrist with Austin as the guinea pig. He did pretty well! The guys and girls then split off and the ladies played wits and wagers (mom won), and the men played settlers of Catan inside the camper. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.

Sunday morning, Francis and William attended the service put on by the campground while I only caught the end of it with Robert. Francis decided I needed the sleep. He wasn't wrong. When we got back to the campsite, William recited the whole story of Jesus's death and Resurrection. It made my heart leap with joy that he knows it so well. He's a sharp kid who asks good questions and I know he understands a lot. After lunch we all parted ways with my family (the Davis's left early that morning) and headed home. This is not a trip we will soon forget!

Not much else to report. Robert is still in the "I'll try a food but don't expect me to actually swallow" phase, but he's doing better. The last couple of nights he has actually taken a bottle. I'm hoping this is a good sign!

Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment