Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014

Of course I end up posting on April Fool's Day, but I promise everything I say is legit!

We are finally recovered from our debilitating sickness, and finally I am getting back to life without wondering how much laundry I'm going to have to do when I wake up. We went to story time at Barnes and Noble last Wednesday and William had a blast. His friends Ranger, Caitlyn, Gracie and Vance were ALL there and each one wanted to sit by him at some point or other. It was super cute, especially since William was blissfully unaware how popular he was. He gladly sat next to and later played with whoever was nearby. Gotta love that kid!

Thursday's MOM's meeting was great. We threw a surprise book shower for one of the ladies in our group. It was fun and I am glad we were able make her feel special. My mother came in town Thursday night and took the boys and me out for dinner. William and Robert love their Sweetie so this was a special treat. She helped put the boys to bed which was also very fun.

Friday morning, my mother headed off to a day of meetings, and the boys and I went to the Disney store to finally pick up our copy of Frozen. We barely missed the opening ceremony for the store, but William got a fire fighter Mickey with his "free" $20 so he didn't care. We also got an autograph book and a buzz lightyear fan (which William picked because he thought Daddy would like it) for our trip to Disney World in September. As soon as Francis gets the time off approved, we'll book it. Then it will seem real.

Saturday, mom had meetings all day again, so Francis did the lawn in the morning and we then went to the mall for a special event they were hosting for kids. William got to meet the critter from the critter book series, hear all sorts of stories read aloud, meet the Easter bunny, do crafts and pick out a free book. He had a great time! He was pretty unsure of the Easter bunny, but he gave him a high five after he saw Robert do it. Robert was mostly confused by the whole thing, which was cute. That evening we met my mom for dinner before she headed back to Dallas. It's fun to have her visit, but I never feel like we see her enough!

Sunday we went to church, had lunch with the Davis's and then came home. I love our trips home from church in the car, because William always tells us what he learned at church and we always tell him what we learned. Currently we are studying revelation in the service. Try explaining that to a 2 1/2 year old. It's pretty entertaining and fun to hear all his questions! Sunday afternoon we went to a Luau party at The Little Gym. Ranger came too, and he and William played their hardest. I'm still unaccustomed to "boys" after growing up in a house of girls.

Yesterday was Little Gym day. Before we left, William asked to play his "Disney game", a game where you ride the rides from Disneyland using the Kinect. He's pretty good at it. Well, I told him he could play one game before we left, but then afterward, he wanted to stay home and play it all day. the entire day at Little Gym he asked me periodically when we were going to go home so he could play again. He finally got to play last night with Francis a couple of times (in exchange he had to go outside afterward to ride his bike and play with us), and he loves it. I hope the Disneyworld lives up to his expectations! He wants to play one time after he gets up from his nap, but since he has yet to fall asleep (or even lay down on his bed), he may have to wait until tomorrow. I now have another arrow in my quiver or special prizes, yay!

Robert has been growing so fast. He still refuses to put his knees down, but he pushes up on his legs and toes for many minutes at a time. He has really started to pull up more on things, so although I think he may not crawl for a bit, I think walking may happen earlier rather than later. He is as smiley as ever and sits up, rolls around, and scoots wherever he wants to get pretty much whatever he wants. He's a joy and is loved on (sometimes too much) by William. Oh! and when he's upset, he calls "mama" every time until I come. He's said it for a while now here and there, but over the past couple of weeks, I know for sure it is on purpose! It's too consistent to be on accident.

Going to have to cut this short. Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment