Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15, 2014

Tax Day! Seems anticlimactic when we filed our taxes back in February, but it feels good not to have to panic!

More importantly this Sunday is Easter, and for our family and my extended family, that means camping. We've been camping over Easter weekend almost as long as I can remember. I love having a service on the lake at Tyler State Park. Something about being in nature helps keep the focus on Christ for me. Maybe it's just easier to think about Him when I am in the middle of His creation, I don't know.

All that to say, much of this past week had been focused on packing (or over packing) for leaving on Thursday. William has talked of little else, even butting in on two random adults who were talking about camping to interject that he was getting to go camping too! The Davis' are coming with us this year in addition to my parents, Danielle, and my people from my parent's Sunday School class. It should be a wonderful time, especially since our cell phones will likely have spotty coverage at best (Yes, I like taking Francis places where work can't reach him. I think he likes it too.). When you see a truck that's loaded beyond capacity, that's us!

Two events of note are that we've had lunch with Arlene and Caitlyn twice in the past week, and William attended our neighbor Oliver's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. William is really getting to have friends he plays with, calls by name, and tells me stories about. It's fun to see him build those relationships that good friendships are made of.

Robert has two teeth now. The second came in on Sunday (at least that is when Robert opened his mouth enough for me to see it). He's also able to sit himself up at will and is up on all fours quite frequently rocking back and forth, though he has only managed to go backwards crawling at this point. William is his biggest cheerleader, showing him how and coaxing him on. William keeps hoping today is the day, and if those boys have anything to say about it, it will be!

William asked me, "when you turn the car, mommy, why do I get pulled the other way? And when we hit a bump, why do I get pushed into the air?" (No I wasn't driving like a wild lady.) How does one explain inertia to a 2 year old? I did my best and I think he understood a little, although he asked Francis the same question on Sunday. Francis tried to explain inertia using scientific terms at first and that didn't go over well. William is a thinker. I am not sure he's always prepared for the answers, but at least he asks the questions!

Now, back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment