Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6, 2014

It's been a couple of weeks since someone pointed out that Robert is in fact a blondie now. I hadn't noticed, but all of his baby black hair is now gone.  It happened so slowly that it took someone saying it out loud for it to hit me. Anyway, since that has happened, everywhere we go people keep telling me how alike they look. I knew they looked alike, but now they look like two steps in the same progression with their handsome daddy being the endpoint. I'm glad I think Francis is handsome, because I've got two boys who are going to look just like him!

Well, it finally happened, William and Robert had their first real confrontation. Robert was in the stand up (sit down) walker and William was wheeling around the push walker when they collided at the kitchen entry. Robert wanted into the living room and William wanted into the kitchen. They pushed on each other for a minute before I told William he had to back up to let Robert through as he had pushed Robert up against the wall. This did not go over well, and William angrily yelled and lifted up the walker as if to strike something or someone (which is REALLY out of character for him). He was sent straight to time out. Robert thought the whole display was hilarious, and so he went over to where William was in timeout and started ramming him with the walker. I was washing dishes and I hear William screaming, "Robert! That's not nice! Go away! I'm in time out! Leave me alone!!!" Robert meanwhile is laughing hysterically. I move the walker to another room, but Robert immediately goes back and starts ramming William again, laughing all the way. Needless to way, I had to pick up Robert and hold him while William finished in time out and then both boys had to apologize to each other. But, Robert now knows how to taunt William. It's becoming more of an even playing field all the time. On the bright side, they played the rest of the day with no problems. I am so glad they are the forgiving sort!

Last Wednesday I thought we were supposed to have our last MOPS meeting of the year. I didn't realize it was the 5th Wednesday of the month (and not the first Wednesday of May), and neither did Angel. We were the only two to show up, haha. So, we did what any respectable woman would do, we went shopping! It was a fun morning and we actually got a lot done. We finished by having lunch at BJs before parting ways. Good times!

Thursday, the ladies from my MOM Bible study met for a play date at one of our mentor mom's homes. Faye's house is the house used in the movie Bernie. It's quite a house and William loved seeing all the stuffed deer and other animals. He even laid on a real bear rug and wolf rug. Faye's husband is quite a hunter! I had fun with the ladies and the kids had a blast on the front drive riding their bikes and playing with toys. I could do that every day!

Friday I faced my fear and walked from the car place (after dropping off Francis's car for an oil change) to the library. It was the first time I'd walked that way since William's near-death experience. William stayed close to me and we talked about how important it is to be aware of what's going on around you. It was a positive experience and the best part is, we have library books again! I've missed checking them out and so has William.

Saturday was a big day. My in-laws came in late Friday night and Saturday we all drove to San Antonio where we met Francis's sister Cyndy, Chris and Abby for a day of fun at Sea World. We got tickets both the SeaWorld and Aquatica so we headed into the water park as soon as it opened. William and I found the water too cold (Robert didn't put on his swim suit in favor of a nap with his Nana), but Francis did a few slides and had fun. We did ride one ride (Francis, William and I) that was a large raft and at the end you floated under the stingray tank. That was pretty cool. Later in the afternoon, we all saw the Shamu show before packing up and having dinner back down the road a little way. We celebrated Mother's Day with Francis's mom and gave her her cards (her gift had not come in yet). It was a fun time! We did find out Robert likes Dip N Dots ice cream. A man after my own heart!

I also found out that Robert will eat Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets with great enthusiasm. I got a video of him yesterday and it is so cute. It only he'd eat other things so happily! I did get him to gnaw on some pizza through his special spoon last night, and he had a few baby puffs as well. Maybe (maybe?) we'll be on the other side of this on and off food boycott soon!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment