Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25, 2014

Another brief post, because I am just plain tired. It's been a rough past couple of days and I am still recovering. Let me explain.

Last Thursday night, we packed up the car and headed to Dallas for Brandon and Bethany's wedding. We were excited to be able to go, but the trip was long due to 35 being shut down for some VIP to be able to travel. When we finally got to the house, all we wanted to do was go to sleep. William was even tired enough to just lay down and pass out.

Friday we got up and Francis did some errands while the boys, my mother and I went shopping at Stonebriar mall. We rented a double fire engine stroller with a wheel for each boy. This is th first time Robert got to face forward in a stroller. He loved it!!! He loved spinning the wheel and looking around. He was one happy-sitting-up little guy. We got most everything done and headed back for nap time and to get changed for the rehearsal. Well, naps didn't end up happening and as a result we had two very impatient (but not entirely ill behaved) little boys who wanted to do everything but pay attention and rehearse for a wedding. William did his ring bearer job and then was all over the place. Robert kept making these high pitch noises that echoed through the chapel to his delight. I was so flustered by the end of it that I was more than happy to take them home before the rehearsal dinner. Brandon and Bethany, though, hardly seemed to notice anyone but each other, and Francis did his duty as a groomsmen to the best of his ability. It was a good rehearsal. Oh! And Francis's Aunt Andrea and Uncle Steve were at the rehearsal so they got to meet Robert. It's the first extended family on Francis's side (other than Nana Phillips) to meet the little guy. That was fun! After the rehearsal and subsequent dropping off of the boys at Sweetie and Papa's (my parents') House, Francis and I headed on to the rehearsal dinner. They had a wonderful slideshow and gorgeous decorations. The speeches were priceless and the couple was on cloud 9. Who could ask for more! Francis headed on with the boys to Brandon's bachelor party, and Aunt Andrea and Uncle Steve gave me a ride home (thanks guys!!!). I wish the story ended there, but alas, when I got home and climbed in bed, William threw up all over everything. At first I thought it was because he choked, but I was mistaken. It was a long night.

The next morning was wedding day. William seemed to be doing better and even held down IHOP for breakfast. We headed to the wedding. Brandon looked the picture of sophistication (as did my hubby) and Bethany had the wedding dress I always dreamed I wanted growing up (think Belle from Beauty and the Beast). They were so wonderful and the ceremony was so glorifying to God. Francis even read a verse in front of the congregation, something he would only do for his best friend! After the ceremony is when we discovered William was still sick, and without going into all the details, we had to leave the reception early and head home. I am so thankful Danielle and my parents were there to drive us home so Francis could stay with Brandon to the end.

Sunday morning my whole family (including my parents, Danielle, Christian and Chad all had breakfast together). William ate a lot and promptly threw it up all over Chad. I'm so sorry Chad!!! We headed home quickly and made it home in time for the sickness to hit Francis and Robert later that night. I developed a very horrible headache and nausea (but no vomiting) all the way through Monday. So needless to say, we all convalesced yesterday and healed, each taking our turn in the restroom. We have now made it 24 hours with no one vomiting, and I am so glad (Robert was the last one yesterday afternoon). Sorry to everyone we got sick! (Including but not limited to my ENTIRE family). Hopefully now we have all met our sickness quota for the year and can be healthy for the rest of it. For now, healing, rest, and tons of laundry are on the menu.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment