Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26. 2013

Well, I survived another birthday day. Those of you who know me well will know that is an accomplishment in itself. I can usually laugh about it a day or two after, but it is rarely funny at the time.

Francis took off last Friday (My birthday) and after frantically trying to get everything ready for pictures the night before, I tried to take it easy and not do much in the morning. What actually happened was Francis took my car in for an oil change and I spent a ridiculous amount of time again preparing for pictures. The oil change took longer than expected so our neighbor Amy came over to watch William while he napped so we could get my car and still get to pictures on time. Well, the weather here decided to turn very cold and rainy Thursday night (as in I almost died driving in the sudden down pour and darkness) and the frigid wetness made us have to alter our location to the Quarries church. Seth and Arlene Jennings met us there, and we took some pictures of the boys inside the building while hoping the rain at least would clear. We finally found a spot under some outside awning, but then quickly realized my dress had not made it into the car with the other clothes and props. I'll admit I cried, but Seth and Arlene were super sweet and offered to reschedule. We decided to call it quits for the day and all headed over to Longhorn steakhouse for my birthday dinner. My steak was delicious but overdone (it got us a free dessert though!) and chatting with the Jennings is always delightful. Not a bad end to the day!

We rescheduled the family pictures for Saturday afternoon and even though the high was only 40, we were determined. We found a place outside the YMCA of Round Rock and got some great shots. It was funny to see us all bundled up, then quickly shed our coats for the shot, and hustle to put them back on. William didn't seem to mind the cold. He must get that from Francis who was wearing a light jacket at best. I'll post the pictures after Christmas cards go out.

Sunday we decorated for Christmas a little. We realized that this was the only weekend we are home until new years, so we made the most of it.William is very excited for all the "new" things especially his little people nativity set. He love Mary and joseph and Baby Jesus, and plays Silent Night repeatedly. It's adorable.

This week I've been packing for Thanksgiving. We will do our usual pilgrimage to Dallas followed by I trip to San Antonio Friday night. It's gonna be fun but exhausting.

Well, I'll see you on the other side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment