Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 5, 2013

So much has happened since last I posted!!! It will be a struggle to decide what to include and what to leave out.

Last Wednesday we made it to Plano after an extra hour and a half of traffic. Thanksgiving day was SO GOOD. It wasn't our usual extended family extravaganza. It was just the four of us, my parents, sisters, Chad and hid mom and step dad.  It was very low key and delicious. After food, everyone but William, Christian and Chad's mom donned our jerseys and headed to the COWBOYS GAME!!!! My Dad's company has tickets they give to clients but no one wanted them for Thanksgiving. We split up guys and girls (Robert went with the girls) and drove to the stadium. With our parking pass in Lot 5, we knew we were parking close. We just kept driving closer and closer to the stadium until someone stopped us and checked our car for bombs. We thought this odd until we saw our spot. It was quite literally in the doorway of one of the entrances. We were giddy with excitement. We got to our seats on row 18 at the 50 yard line, and it all started to sink in. We were at an actual cowboys game! In seats we totally didn't deserve. And with access to the owners club where free prime rib and drinks and a multitude of other delicious foods were served free of charge. I can't help but think that the feeling I had just then is a millionth of what I will feel when I get to heaven. You can bet I was thankful!!!!! Oh and we won! Side note: Robert was fussy the whole game and I found that night he is cutting his first tooth! His first thanksgiving included his first cowboys game and his first tooth. Quite a big day for this little man. Second side note: when we got home, it was clear William had been spoiled rotten. Thanks Auntie Chrissy!

Friday we packed up the boys and headed to San Antonio. I was glad Francis was driving as this is not a short trip! We made it to the hotel a while after the rest of Francis family (Cyndy, Chris, Abby, his parent and Nana Phillips). Francis's grandmother got to meet Robert for the first time. Francis caught a picture of the look on her face when Robert entered the room. It was a look of pure delight. Makes my heart happy to say the least. We attended the Christmas parade on the riverwalk followed by Sea World the next day. It was so fun to see Abby and William playing and interacting with each other and Robert. Sweet cousins!!

Sunday we got to see Gershom, Kristi and their two little girls before heading back to Austin. We love their sweet family! I also got a new phone Sunday evening. My old one's speaker broke while we were away.

Monday and Tuesday I tried to play catchup and get back on schedule. Wednesday was the church Bazaar at MOPS and I got a couple cute things. Today I had the Christmas brunch at Bible Study where both Robert and William were part of the program. Robert was one of the babies for the baby Jesus song, "You're here" and William performed in his first Children's concert. Both boys were great. Robert didn't cry, and William stood smiling while the other kids sang. William also shook a mean jingle bell and daced when the time came. Oh yeah, I got a video!

Well, I have to cut this short because Robert is fussy and I forgot to eat lunch. Till next time!


1 comment:

  1. Remembering lunch is so difficult sometimes. I forget a lot and I only have one kid to take care of.

    ReplyDelete