Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013

We had an exciting week in Dallas! I will never be able to describe all the fun we had, but I will do my best to hit the highlights.

Last Monday after I posted, my in-laws watched the boys so my parents, sisters, Chad and I could go see Thor 2. It was a great movie, and I enjoyed having a night out! When I went to pick up the boys, they were both (still) awake and having a great time. Always great fun when Nana and Grandad are around!

Tuesday my mom and I went to Stonebriar mall to shop. William got to ride the carousel and the boys had their first picture taken with Santa. I'm not a "make children believe something that isn't true" proponent so we told William that this santa was a representation of a wonderful man who lived long ago. William probably didn't quite get it and he was terribly confused by the man asking him what he wanted for Christmas. But in his good-natured way William answered the man's questions and gave him a high five. Robert sat quietly and had his picture taken. Since everything is so new to him, I don't suppose he thought this interchange strange.

Wednesday we (mom, the boys and I) went to Willowbend mall where they have a remarkable "ice castle" complete with fake falling snow. William got to meet a different Santa and was even more confused than the day before. He waved and smiled, but wouldn't tell the guy what he wanted for Christmas. To be fair, everyone keeps asking him this question, not just  men in red suits, so I think he is getting tired of being asked. Poor kid. I can't wait till Christmas comes and he finally realizes why everyone has been asking him. I also got the boys outfits for Christmas pictures. So cute!! Wedneday night, my mother-in-law took us out for dinner. William gave her a full dose of his two-year-oldnees, but I think she loved it.

Thursday we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and mostly took it easy. You can only be go go go for so long before you need a break. Friday we went to Collin Creek (the trifecta) and shopped there. No santa at this mall yet, so William only got to play on the playground (tough like, I know). Francis came in late Friday night to Plano.  Saturday we all celebrated my birthday. I opened presents from my family, had steak and delicious red velvet cake. Who could ask for more? Francis took William back ti Austin with him Saturday evening, leaving me with Robert in Plano.

Sunday was Christan's second wedding shower. It was so sweet. The ladies prayed over her, showered her with gifts and showed her so much love! I am glad I was there, but I left directly from the party and headed home. So, there is your brief overview!

Yesterday Robert had his 2 month check up. He is 13 lbs, more than 23 inches (I never like the way the nurse measures), and his head circumference is of the charts! The doctor was extremely impressed with his exceptional head control and that he had no spots on his head. His skin is perfect, coordination above average and no cradle cap. He smiled at the doctor the whole time. She couldn't say enough positive things! When I left though, both boys were crying. Robert because he'd gotten a shot and William because he didn't and wanted one! He tried to tell the nurse to put one in his leg..he's so odd!

Well that's it for now! Gotta take care of the boys since they just woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment