Saturday, November 2, 2013

November 2, 2013

November already? I can't believe my birthday is almost here yet again. I have a hard time believing another year has past until I realize that Robert didn't even exist last November. How time flies!

Last Saturday was crazy! We went to an event outside the soon-to-be opening Austin Aquarium. William got to see some of the animals they will be showcasing. He's excited! He also got to go down a bouncy slide. That was fun. We went straight from there to Lakeline mall where they were having their kids event filled with food, crafts, a balloon man (William got a balloon rocket), and a bounce house. William never wanted to loeave, especially since his best bud Ranger showed up to join in the fun! From there William fell asleep in  the car (Robert slept on and off throughout the day) and so I got to go shopping at Bed bath and Beyond for my sister's upcoming wedding showers. From there we went to the Quarries church for there Fall Fest complete with a petting zoo, games, a cake walk, and, you guessed it, more inflatables to jump on. Since inflatables are William's favorite things, he did not complain a bit. It was a great but exhausting day!

Sunday after church we skipped out on an event at The Little Gym and took it easy. We had lunch with some awesome friends and then I got to talk on the phone with a friend from college while the boys napped. We needed some down time, for sure.

Monday we grocery shopped as usual. It still wasn't too bad. Tuesday we had Little Gym and in the afternoon we went out to Kiddie Acres for William to play with his new friend Gracie. I'm working on getting to meet/know new people so when Annette (Gracie's mom) invited us, I jumped at the chance. The kid's had a great time on all the old timey rides and the day was beautiful.

Wednesday was the low point in our week. Both boys woke up sick in the night. We went to the doctor to find they both had conjunctivitis in both eyes and  William had an ear infection and a sore throat (they ran a strep test but it was negative). After waiting an hour and a half for meds (where I cried multiple times because I wasn't feeling well either an no one could figure out why the prescriptions were repeatedly not getting fro the dr to the pharmacy), we came home. A sweet lady from church, after hearing my plight, bought us dinner, which was such a blessing. In my sickness I was trying to thaw a brick of meatloaf and it just wouldn't thaw, when she offered, I cried with relief. Sometimes one little thing can make a day brighter, and I thank God for this woman.

Thursday, the boys were already feeling much better and so was I. After quarantining ourselves all day just to be safe, Francis came home from work and we ventured out in the evening to our own Church's fall fest. They had food, games, face painting, pony rides, a petting zoo, and at least a dozen different inflatables. Can you guess what we spent the bulk of our time doing? yeah... William and Robert were both dressed as Astronauts. It was soooooo adorable! They came home with tons of candy. But when we got home, our neighbors asked us (William and I) to go to a couple of houses with them. So for the first time in my life, I went trick or treating. We only went to neighbors we knew that were sitting on their lawn, so we didn't knock on any doors, but it was  still a firs for me.

Friday William, Robert and I went up to the state capitol to have lunch with my friend Becky on the lawn. It was a beautiful day. I got a picture of Robert's first trip to the capitol, and it was a delightful time.

Today Francis and William are currently at Home Depot doing a craft and then they will be shooting off rockets at a nearby park while I clean house. I'm glad they get some daddy-William time. As for me and Robert, we will be whistling while we work!

Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment