Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6, 2013

I can already tell you this will be a long post. Fasten your seat belts!

I see more and more how great of a big brother William will be come September. Yes, that is my subtle wa of saying, WE'RE EXPECTING! Baby P2 (Phillips #2) is due September 15, 2013. We are all excited, but none more than William. If asked where the baby is, he will point to my stomach and then give it a kiss. When he sees a baby, he kisses it or hugs it gently and then tries to play with it. It's so sweet! The other day he gave a little girl (9 month old) at the Little Gym a hug and told her to follow him. He motioned to crawl through the tunnel and she did and he followed her. They did this at least 5 times, both laughing and smiling. It made my heart happy.

Anyway, back to this wonderful baby that will be coming before we know it. we've told our families. Here's an excerpt from how we told them:
 "We went out to lunch with Sweetie, Papa, Nana, Grandad, your dad, William, Aunt Chrissy, and her friend Kristen. We sat down at Cowboy Chicken and your dad offered to say the prayer. He prayed and ended with, “Thank you so much for the baby coming in September, Amen.” Everyone opened their eyes and said, WHAT??? Then they looked over and I showed them the T-shirt William had on under his polo. It said, “Big Brother”. Kristen recorded Francis’s prayer, but got so excited, she accidentally hit stop before you could see anyone’s reactions. I was truly bummed about that, but we did get some fun pictures of everyone talking about the new baby. We also got a picture frame for each set of grandparents that has William pointing to my tummy with the caption “The kids”. It’s adorable. William celebrates the baby daily and always wants to give kisses, so this picture was easy to get.
          We told Aunt Danielle on the phone as well as Aunt Cyndy, Uncle Chris, and Abby..."
  This happened a couple of weekends ago when we were in Dallas. Now you know why I was so excited! My mother-in-law was so excited, she went out and bought both boy and girl baby clothes so she is ready for whatever! I bought a yellow blanket with four little ducks (a mom, dad, and two little ones) on it that says "Our Family". I couldn't resist.

We have also already told the grandparents. We told them the same day or the next day after we heard the heartbeat. Here's an excerpt from that entry:
"Almost a week ago, we heard a little heart beat. The appointment got pushed back a day, so we didn’t hear it until the 31st of January. I nearly died from waiting that extra day. I wanted to see it so badly! Francis, William and I went to Dr. Brown’s office and after a short wait, Dr. Brown turned on the sonogram machine and got started. I held my breath as she zoomed in. Before my eyes could focus, she exclaimed, “There it is! One beautiful steady heartbeat.” I sighed both with relief and excitement. Francis smiled, holding back tears. William was interested at first, but quickly became upset when he realized he would not be seeing a baby like he expected. The sonogram did not live up to his expectations. He wanted to pick up a baby and hold it right then and there. I assured him that it will happen soon enough. The heart rate was 135. I could have stared at it all day.
          When we got home, we were able to tell both sets of my grandparents. They were both thrilled. Mom Noble went out straight away to buy the stuff to make a Christmas stocking and Japapa assured me of what a brilliant, beautiful child they will become. We told Nana Phillips and Grandpa Millette the following day. They also were thrilled. Nana actually discovered the news by reading William’s shirt as we Skyped with her. He was holding the sonogram up for her to see. She was thrilled and quickly informed the rest of the house (as well as the rest of the Phillips family) without delay."

Exciting stuff. Now you are up to date in that arena. As for William...this kiddo is making his own drastic changes before my eyes. Last week Francis was putting him to bed when he climbed out of the crib/toddler bed and into the twin bed next to it, laying down in it. Francis took him out and put him back in the toddler bed. William climbed out and laid down on the twin bed. So Francis left him and he fell asleep. William has taken every nap and slept every night in the twin bed ever since (We did put in a safety rail). And you know what? He is actually napping!!! He has napped at least an hour at a time. He lays on the bed long enough that he falls asleep on his own. It's a miracle! I couldn't be happier.

I also discovered yesterday that William knows a bunch of words and he's been holding out on me. I tried making him say stuff when he wanted it yesterday, and a whole new set of words including, "Strawberry, Daniel (for a TV show he likes), apple, more, all done, drink, and book" all came out with little effort. He even told Francis to "come back" last night when he left the room. I knew he could talk more than he let on!!! I just need to keep pushing him. 

William has also become pretty proficient with a fork and has been eating even more than usual this past week. We may be in for another growth spurt. That's it for now. My fingers are getting tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment