Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day! Another year with my sweetheart, Francis, and our love just keeps growing. Can't get enough of you, babe!

William turned 18 months old on Monday. How did that happen??? He's accomplished so much! And he's grown! At his Dr. Appointment on Monday, we learned he gained 3 lbs in the last 6 months (the average per year should be 2-5) and and inch and a half. He shows no signs of stopping growing and is over 26 lbs!!! The Doctor was very impressed with all his accomplishments and said he exceeded every one of the benchmarks. I'm not surprised, but I am proud! They also had me take a routine survey to see if William had Autism (which really made me laugh, I'll admit) and shockingly he had none of the indicators! Hehehe, he is the friendliest, most social child you will ever meet, so I kinda already knew that Autism was not a possibility.

William had his 18 month photos done last Thursday. He kept running around and being super cute, so even though he didn't really sit still, we still got some awesome pictures. We even got one of William hugging and kissing my tummy. I'm already showing...I can't believe that! William made it super hard for me to choose, and I ended up with so many photos that I may be able to wall paper! Hehehe, I'm sure I will find a place for most of them, and I was able to send out Valentine's with photos to family.

William has had an explosion of words this week. He is making all sorts of animal sounds. My favorite is when you ask what a dog says and he says, "ruff!" in his cute little voice. He will repeat me and then use the word later. One Monday he had over 20 consistent words and 20 or so occasional or periodic words (words I've only heard him use once or twice). Pretty soon we may have a chatter box on our hands. I can't wait!

So I leave tonight with Rebecca Browne to go see my college roommate get married (Yay Jackie!). Francis is taking tomorrow off so I can attend the wedding in Houston tomorrow evening after the bachelorette party tonight. I am looking forward to some wonderful fellowship with girls I haven't seen in a while. It should be great. I will try to take a ton of pictures!

My father-in-law has a meeting this morning in Austin so he stayed here last night and we got to visit with him. It was great to see him.

With all the stuff going on right now, I'm not sure when Francis and I will get to have our Valentine's Day. Hopefully before the end of the month! I can't wait to give him his gifts and show him I care. He's an awesome man. It's not just any old man who takes off work to take care of his son so his wife can go to a wedding on Valentine's day. It takes a special man. I am so blessed that his name is Francis. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment