Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2013

I keep forgetting that William is so grown up, but he happily reminds me when he gets the chance. Yesterday I watched my son (my baby!) walk down the stairs facing forward and holding onto the rail all by himself. Not even a month ago, he couldn't reach the railing, and walking forward down the stairs would have ended in a nasty fall. He also was able to climb on the potty the other day and go by himself. It took all of his strength to do it, but he was determined! William will be 18 months in a couple of weeks. I don't know where the time went. I get a little weepy think about it sometimes. I'm just so proud of him and the wonderful kiddo he is becoming.

This morning at The Little Gym, William was able to pick up and hold two bouncy balls at the same time. He's been trying to do this for nearly a year, and only ever succeeded with my help. Today he did it on his own. The sense of pride and accomplishment on his face was priceless. He is so determined and he celebrates his own successes. But he is also empathetic. Yesterday I was sobbing after reading a sad story about a 2 year old who died tragically and suddenly in a swing set accident. My tears were uncontrollable as I prayed for this family. William saw me, put down his toys and climbed in my lap. He put his hands around both sides of my face and gave me a big smile. Then he gave me a gentle kiss and a hug (this is unusual as he is usually an aggressive hugger and kisser). It touched my heart as he sat in my lap cuddling with me until I stopped crying. Then he climbed down and went back to playing. I may just have the best kid ever. No complaints, that's for sure!

My mom was here last Friday and Saturday. She came into town for a meeting and we got to have both lunch and dinner with her on Friday. We met her at Chck-fil-a for lunch. My mom was sitting outside when we pulled up. William saw her waving and did a double take. Then he reached out and screamed with glee at the top of his lungs. It was completely adorable. At dinner with my mom and Francis, William smiled at everyone around him to the point that an older couple came over and asked if we were staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We said no and they said William looked just like a little boy that had wondered into their room earlier that morning. We said it wasn't him, but it sounds like something he would do. He's so friendly!

My in-laws also came in Friday through Saturday. They helped Francis paint what will soon be William's big boy room. Three walls are now a light blue and an accent wall is dark blue. we are going to paint a rocket ship or something on the dark wall. It will be super cute! I can't wait for the finished product. I am so grateful to my in-laws for their help. William got to put the first paint on the walls, but that was it. I couldn't have imagined him in there the whole time, which meant Francis would have had to paint it all by himself. The help made all the difference!

Well, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment