Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23, 2013

Well, it was an eventful weekend! We headed to Plano to see family and friends and we had a wonderful time. We got in around 9 Friday night. It was the best William had ever traveled (both ways, actually). I am glad we are starting to get over the "being angry in the car" thing. It's about time. Anyway, we visited with Francis's parents that evening and went shoe shopping fir William the following morning. The lady said he was a 6 1/2 double wide. His feet are getting so big! They have grown yet again. It's so crazy.

Anyway, we met up with my parents, my sister Christian and her friend Kristen and we all 9 had lunch together at Cowboy Chicken. It was great to have almost everyone (missing my sister Danielle and Francis's sister Cyndy and her family) in one place. So special. From lunch, my mom and I headed on to Ashley Duran's housewarming party while Francis and his dad went golfing and my mother-in-law watched William. The Dynamic Duo managed to go to two parks, get ice cream from Chick-fil-a and squeeze in a nap while I was gone. Glad they had fun! Mom and I tour Ashley's house, talked to Ashley and her family and had a nice time celebrating Ashley's new home. She picked a winner! For dinner, my parents, in-laws, Francis, William and I met at a new Italian restaurant. The tiramisu was exceptional, which is really all that matters, right?

Sunday, we went to church at Prestonwood and then went out to lunch at Salt Grass with my family, Brandon and two of Christian's friends. It was great to catch up with Brandon and he told us all about meeting his girlfriend's family. It went very well! We spent the afternoon shopping and hanging out with Brandon and Francis's parents before heading home. A successful trip!!!

William continues to astonish me. His fine motor skills are way beyond his peers. He has mastered the spoon, which is no easy task. Yesterday with yogurt and today with a bowl of milk and cereal, he managed not to spill any on himself. It was crazy. He can also maneuver my phone to get to an app he likes and do the activity he likes. It takes more then four steps on my phone to get there, and he does it no problem. So smart!

There is so much more to say, but I will close here. I am so blessed. Thank you for loving us and reading about our day in and day out adventures. I am so glad you are a part of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment