Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Not a whole lot to report, but I did want to get back on schedule. I can't believe it is December! We are all decorated and ready to celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I try to explain as much to William as I can. I know he won't understand it all this year, but he will soon. A woman today asked William if he was ready for santa, and it took everything in me not to tell her that we were not doing Santa at our house. She was trying to be sweet, and there was no reason to stir up an argument in the middle of Walmart. I don't want William to think Jesus is pretend when he finds out Santa is pretend. It just seems like something that confuses, depresses and frustrates children. Plus, St. Nicolas was a great Christian who did many great things. Why can't we honor the person (and the Savior he served) instead of mystifying him into a red-suited being? I am not judging any of you who love and want to do Santa with your children. No one seems severely scarred for life over finding out Santa is not real. I just wanted to explain where I am coming from. On a more selfish level, I want to get credit for the great gifts I get my kiddos. I don't want them leaving Santa cookies, when mommy is the one who did all the work! But I digress...

Saturday I had the opportunity to go with my mother to the Governor's Mansion and attend a Christmas reception. It was a lot of fun and all of the decorations were beautiful! Mom and I stayed back when they opened the doors so we could take a picture on the front lawn when a black lab and dachshund come racing around the corner of the house and who strolls up but Governor Perry! He came straight up and gave me a side hug, saying to my mother, "So Candy, who is this young lady?" EEEE! I was in shock. My mom introduced me to both Gov. Perry and later to his wife. We had our pictures taken with them after taking a tour of the mansion. I will never forget that, you can be sure!

Now, on to wrap a few more things and try and get things done before William awakes. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment