Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11, 2012

William is 16 months old today. The months are flying by almost as fast as I can count them. Someone told me today to write it all down. That's exactly what I intend to do!

William is doing much more repeating. His new favorite word is "hot!" especially when he is receiving food. I do say that word a lot because otherwise he plunges his hand into whatever it is. He also likes the word "fish" which mainly comes out as "ishhhhhh". It's incredibly adorable.

William can read his name. I think I wrote last week about him being able to read "The Little Gym" (pointing to it when I asked), but now he can recognize his name. Sunday he kept digging through the presents under the tree and pulling out ones with his name on it. He would bring them to me and point to his name. His name is only on about 1/4 to 1/3 of the presents so he really did have to look. I am so impressed! I don't know if it is just the "W" he recognizes or the whole thing. While reading our Star Wars ABC book, he always gets excited for the W page, so I know he recognizes that at least. He's such a smart kiddo.

Speaking of smart: He's been in underwear solely for more than three weeks! William is doing great! I'm so proud of him. I added up how munch he is saving us in diapers by being potty trained at 14 months instead of 2 years or 3 years old and the amount is $1000 dollars. Good job, my boy!

William did the cutest thing this morning, he "prayed" for breakfast. When I sat down, he reached for an grabbed my hand. He then bowed his head, said a bunch of stuff and said, "Amen!" and smiled at me. I much be doing something right. My heart is overflowing!

Well, William is awake so I guess I will have to close here. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment