Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26, 2012

First off, I am feeling much better. My throat is finally feeling back to normal and I can eat spicy things without wanting to rip out my throat from pain. Francis and William are healed as well. It's so nice to have a healthy house!

Francis's dad came down for a day to take care of William while I healed. It was so sweet. Thanks to "Grandad", William had  his inaugural trip to Fry's electronics. Years from now we may look back on that day as the day William's inner nerd was born.

William has been making lots of developmental progress. He actually respects and understands the word no. It's not 100% of the time, and sometimes he gets mad, but he generally stops when I use my good teacher voice. William is also beginning to initiate play. I was playing with one toy the other day when William went over to a toy, turned it on and started putting the cars on the track for them to spin (it was a race track). Then he looked at me an offered me a car. It was adorable!

William must be going through another growth spurt. I can't get enough food in him. He is eating baby food in addition to whatever we are eating. Today for lunch he had a serving of baby food, a granola bar, and a full adult serving of rice and beans (I was eating a burrito). He was still hungry! I couldn't believe it.

William's newest word is "Nana". He is referring to bananas, but I am sure the word will quickly translate when he sees my sweet mother-in-law again!

Finally, William has been standing for extended periods of time. He only sits down when he notices that nothing is holding him up. It's a bit like looking at a cartoon character. He is also starting to walk a lot more. His record number of steps is 4! Soon he will be walking all over. I'm excited and scared at the same time!

We had Francis's make-up Father's Day this past weekend. It went pretty well.  We gave him breakfast in bed and he finally got to go and see Avengers with a friend. We are so thankful for him. It is so nice when we can show it.

That's where I will leave this entry. Bubba (William) is trying to climb onto the TV upstairs and I should probably stop him before he succeeds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment