Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

Could not wait to write today. I am actually writing while William is helping himself to his lunch. It is one of the advantages of his new found independence. He doesn't have to wait on me. I can just put food on his tray and he can go to town. But this is not why I write. The biggest news this week is: WILLIAM TOOK HIS FIRST STEP!!!  Ok, since that only happened yesterday, I will try to tell things in order so that I don't forget anything.

First off, William has been taking swim lessons both last and this week. He is becoming a regular little fish! His biggest accomplishment has been to learn to hold his breath under water. He doesn't like it, but he'll do it. He and his friends Lilly and Ellie from church are all learning a lot. I am so glad we are doing it.

William has 12 teeth as of yesterday. He got the top right molar on Tuesday and the bottom right molar yesterday. I can't believe it!!! Have you ever heard of a child with 12 teeth before they turned 10 months???

William's hair is famous. At The Little Gym on Wednesday we saw a little boy that we've only seen once before. He was with his mom before and this time he was with his grandmother. His grandmother came up and said, "Is this William? Is this the hair I've heard so much about? My daughter can't stop talking about how adorable his hair is. I can see what she means!" I was taken aback. How do you respond to that? Then, in Walmart the following day, every person I passed in the store said something about how cute William is. One big burly man looked at me with a big grin and said, "Love his hair!" It was so bizarre, but I managed a thank you before he finished passing. The same thing happened at church on Sunday. Many strangers stopped to talk to him (not me, mind you) and tell him he was adorable. One woman stopped me and said, "Is this the cutie that was on the buggie ride an hour ago? He is the cutest little boy! His hair is amazing!" Lol, people need to be careful or William is gonna get a big head with all these compliments. My ego has already grown three sizes by proxy!!!

Friday Francis had a half day off. We went to a local splash pad, and William and Francis had a ball. Francis said he was giving William lesson's in hydrodynamics, and William enjoyed ever spray and splash of it. He walked around holding on to one of Francis's hands, leaving the other free to enjoy the water. It was so cute!

Ok, and now the moment you've all been waiting for. The first step. I will back up by saying that earlier this week William had taken a step in the bathtub and two at the Little Gym, but each time his hand or fingers brushed up against something so I was reluctant to count it even though the wall did nothing to help him. Ok, so Sunday morning we were getting ready for church. William and I were playing upstairs when I discovered William's new tooth. I called to Francis and he came into the main room. He made a fun face at which William laughed and giggled. I picked up two rings (two of his bathtub toys) and held them out to him to grab on. Then I helped him stand up. It helped him walked toward Francis with the rings in between our hands such that they were not touching. Then I jokingly said, "Look Francis, he's going to walk to you!" I let go of the rings and to my astonishment, William walked one, two, almost three whole steps into Francis's waiting arms. I think he thought I was still holding onto the rings because he never looked back. Anyway, I squealed with delight and Francis got excited. Poor William must have thought he did something wrong at first because his face got all sad and squished, but a happy dance of jumping and hugging and good job-bing soon remedied that situation. Francis and I both cried from delight. It was so special: one of the best days ever.

Well I can't top that by writing anything else so I will close for the week by saying that William is 10 months old today. I never would have guessed he would have 12 teeth, at least 4 words and be walking at this age. He never ceases to surprise me! Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment