Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19, 2012

I will make this brief as all I really want to do is lie down. William had fun at swimming lessons last week. He finished like a trooper and learned all kinds of new skills. Wednesday we went to swimming lessons, then to a huge splash pad and then straight to the Little Gym for practice. Amazingly, William never got tired. He has an endless amount of energy!

Friday morning I took William to the doctor only to find out he has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. Not cool. He has sores all over his body and is pretty unhappy even now that he is starting to recover. This put us out of commission for helping at VBS this week because he is contagious.

My parents came into town Friday afternoon even though William was sick. We all had a lovely time together. I always enjoy spending time with my family. They even bought him his birthday present a little early so he could start enjoying it now: a water table. It is kinda hot outside so we set it up in the dining room on the tile with a tarp underneath it. It has proved to to provide hours of fun already!

As soon as my parents left Saturday evening, I could tell something was wrong. I quickly deteriorated throughout Sunday and ended up in urgent care Sunday night with a 104.1 fever. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and wanted to transfer me to the ER, but I declined. After being there 2 hours, I figured I could be just as miserable in my own bed as a hospital one. They doped me up on meds and released me. It made for a poor Father's Day for Francis. The only bright spot for him was his present from William. It was a board book called "I love my Daddy" and included pictures of him and William doing things together with words and captions. It nearly made him cry. Since the rest of the day was kind of a let down, we are going to have a redo next weekend.

I still feel pretty crummy. Turns out I caught what William has even though I thought I had it as a child and should be immune. But I found a couple of sores identical to William's on the back of my throat yesterday so I have no doubt as to my ailment. Francis came down with it yesterday evening and now is deep in the throes of fever induced delirium. He has taken every kind of medication available to him and is napping now. Please pray we all heal soon.

I know I have forgotten something, but I just want to sleep so I will leave this entry sadly incomplete. Perhaps next week I can include whatever I have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment