Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012

Quite a miserable week. I got nothing done that I was intending to do. Why? Sickness. It started after gym on Monday, though I wouldn't know it until Tuesday evening. William would not eat all Tuesday and what he did eat, he promptly vomited all over his bed when he was laid down to sleep. I assumed at the time that it was because he had eaten grass earlier that day (he had snuck some in his mouth while I was weeding that morning). Plus he slept pretty well after he finished throwing up. We went to Bible Study the next morning after which I found William to have bad diarrhea. I still wasn't sure if he was just having gestational issues or if it was something more...until that afternoon. I started to feel nauseated. At first it was a little tickle. I took an hour nap when William went down ( I never nap, this should have been a clue). I woke up worse. Throughout the evening things got worse and worse until I finally vomited myself. I had a particularly full stomach from our Bible Study luncheon, so the early part of the night was gruesome. I had a sleepless, fever-and-hallucination-filled night. Poor Francis woke up the next morning feeling a bit off. Sure enough a few hours later, he was throwing up too. I called my mother, not knowing what else to do. She, being like Christ in sacrificial love, came up and took care of the three of us on Thursday and Friday. Most of that time is a bit of a tired, painful blur, but I do remember that I have an awesome mom. She caught it, by the way, and yet she says she still is glad she came. I hope to be like her someday.

William is a resilient little kiddo. He probably threw up the most and the longest, but he was happy and active in between. I don't know how he does it. I still feel sluggish. He is getting better about putting himself to sleep. Today he only spent 3 minutes screaming before falling asleep (a far cry from the 2 hours of fighting just a couple of weeks ago!). Last night he slept 10 hours straight (from 8-6) so I actually got some rest. The prospects for this week look much brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment