Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

So a couple of developments this week. My mother came in town on Thursday through Sunday. She and my Aunt Camille babysat on Saturday so Francis and I got a rare night out. It is wonderful to get to spend time with my husband. We went to dinner and a movie and just enjoyed each others' company.

I meant to mention this last week, but since I got back from Dallas, I have been placing William in the floor of the bathroom with a bunch of toys while I shower. I had previously been putting him in the bouncer, but he has figured out how to escape. Well, each morning William plays with his toys for a bit and then crawls over to the shower door and starts banging on it and calling out to me. It was cute the first few times, but it makes it hard to get out when I am done. I may never have a moment alone again at this rate.

Speaking of crawling, as of yesterday William is truly crawling with his stomach off the ground consistently, but it is different than a traditional crawl. He keeps one knee in the air (with only his foot on the ground) and then uses the other knee and his hands to get around. He was on the floor playing with a piece of paper (cheap thrills!) when he started doing it. At first I thought it was a fluke, but he kept doing it all afternoon and evening as well as this morning. I will try to get it on video when I get a chance.

William is starting to sleep a little better. He did a record 10 hours in a row night before last. Last night he did about 7 in a row. Every time I feel like we are making progress though, we hit another setback. Francis installed a ceiling fan in William's room this week and I think it has been helping. Only time will tell though.

Finally, yesterday after Sunday School and before service I went to pick up William to feed him. I heard horrible screaming as I entered the children's area and I hurried to William's class. Every child in there was either making noise, screaming or crying except mine: he was fast asleep! They didn't want me to take him, lol. When I came and picked him up after the service, the two childcare ladies were just doting on my little boy. They think he will be walking any day now and can't get over his smile. The older lady said, "If he has red on his face, I'm sorry. It's my lipstick." My boy is such a charmer!

I guess that is it for now. Tomorrow the doctor is doing the test to see if William is allergic to citrus. I will post the results when they come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment