Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23rd, 2012

I sit here completely exhausted. After our second trip to The Little Gym (we missed last week), Every muscle in my body is sore. I know that they are supposed to wear William out, but I didn't know I would get such a work out. Front rolls, front and back "oopsie daisies", chasing balls (and children) about the room... Whew!

William is finally over his sickness from last week. He is crawling around and pulling up on things faster than ever. I can hardly catch him sometimes. He also recognizes the word no now for sure. He doesn't always listen to me when I tell him no, but he usually pauses before he does something he shouldn't. It's a start.

This weekend was very productive. We worked on the lawn and got a lot of home maintenance issues out of the way. Our yard, although by no means perfect, is looking way better.

Right now I am taking a stand for nap time. William is so tired, but he won't go down for a nap. I can see him on the monitor (which is now hung high on the wall so he can't slap it to the ground when he wants my attention) crying and yelling for me. He really need to learn to put himself to sleep. He is used to nursing himself to sleep (he falls asleep every time he nurses, but he needs to learn another way to take a nap. He is not happy. I have to be strong though. As sad as it is at 8 months, it will be worse the longer I wait. His constant calling of  "Mama" in between sobs is really tugging at my heart.

Overall things are going well. Not much to report which I suppose is good news. I am looking forward to the coming weeks and months as spring and summer kick into high gear. That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment