Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6, 2012

I was hoping by waiting a day I would be able to tell you of the progress William has made in crawling. .He is a reluctant crawler. He did two full cycles on Sunday evening (hand-knee-hand-knee twice). I almost cried. Since then he has only crawled once, and it was a minute ago because he was mad and I wasn't answering him. He got up on all fours, started to crawl, but was in such a tizzy that he toppled onto his head. I was making pizza and trying to get dough off my hands. That's how I saw it. I'm glad he can do it, but I am a bit frustrated too. It will all happen in good time, I know. He would much rather pull up on anything and everything that is around him so that he can walk. It is good that he is resourceful, I just don't want him to miss out on anything. He is getting good at his sit to stand walker (the kind you hold onto and push, not the one you sit in). He did four whole steps yesterday before he ran into the oven and fell on his bum. He'll master it soon enough.

William has started waking up in the middle of the night again. I am not a fan. I am excited to be going to Dallas on Thursday for spring break because I might be able to get a few naps in while  my family plays with William. I dream big, I know.

Trying to think of what else to write. I feel a bit brain dead. William has moved to eating more solid foods. We moved to "3rd foods", foods with actual chunks in there. He transitioned without a problem. He has also been eating some table food. He is like my sister Danielle was. He knows that what we are eating is way better than his food. Tonight he had a 1/4 of a slice of pizza. If you ask him, he will tell you it was the best day ever. Little man is getting better at feeding himself. His pincher grasp is coming along and he can get cheerios in his mouth without help. I've also bought some baby snacks for him to eat during the day that require him to grasp. His favorite are the yogurt melts. No matter how upset he is, when he sees the package, he gets very quiet and opens his mouth like a baby bird. It's my secret weapon at meal times, hehe.

I really wish I could think more clearly, but the day has taken its toll. I am very excited about the coming week as it will include family portraits, spending time with family and friends in Dallas and a load of fun activities with my little man. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment