Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27th, 2012

I'm one proud (and exhausted) mama. We had a big accomplishment this week! William was playing near the couch on Thursday, saw something he wanted (the TV remote of all things) and pulled himself to standing to get it. I was happy and anxious all at the same time. He's getting so independent! Of course I made him do it over again so I could video it. He has done it over and over again since then. He can now walk up and down the length of the couch holding on. My big man!

Also, on the crawling front, we have a makeshift crawl that is serving his purposes for the time being. I would call it a modified army crawl. He will get up on all fours, but he always reaches for something quickly and belly flops. This process repeats itself until he reaches his destination. It is kind of a cross between a leap frog and a commando. Tres cute!

My little man is super smart. I know every mom says that, and they are probably right. William has figured out that when he cries/fusses at night, I hide on the twin bed that lies next to the crib. The other night I was lying there quietly praying for William to go back to sleep when I hear crying pretty directly in my ear. I look over and William has crawled to the end of the bed, pulled down the bumper and is staring straight at me and yelling "get me out" in sobs. The jig was up. Since then, anytime he wakes up at night, he pulls down the bumpers and looks for me. It was kind of cute at first, but I really want him to just go back to sleep so it's getting old. Another example of my son's ingenuity happened this morning. I had a bathroom emergency and so I just set down William in the floor of his room and ran. I quickly heard banging and so I hurried back to find William with a screwdriver (where in the world did he get that????) trying to put it in the hole of the humidifier. that was sitting on the ground. Oddly enough, he was putting it in the proper spot to unscrew the humidifier lid. I know it was just an accident, but I was impressed. He and his daddy will be rebuilding computers in no time!

William has been making more and more babbling sounds. On Thursday he said "Ma!" and he has said it many times since while reaching for me. He has said it other times too, so I don't fancy that he know exactly what it means yet. He also said "byebye"to Francis's parents when we left Abby's party on Saturday. It was super cute. He has said bye many times since. He will connect the dots all too soon!

I mentioned Abby's party. My adorable niece turned one year old on Thursday and her party was Saturday. We drove down to Houston. William did pretty well in his new "big boy" carseat. I am so proud of him. Abby's party was absolutely delightful. Cynthia decorated the house a bit like the barbie dream house. It was pink and perfect for Abby. So glad I was able to go!

Yesterday Francis took his inaugural voyage with his new kite. It was a lovely afternoon, even if it was a little chilly. I hope we get more family outings to the great outdoors in the near future!

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment