Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 15th, 2012

Ok, so I am WAY late in posting this week, but to my credit I really haven't had time. It's been busy. Last week was rather quiet. I was mainly packing and gearing up for spring break. Thursday Francis took off half the day and we drove into Plano to see family. Francis has been having to work the night shift for a week. Because he had to head back to work Saturday night, we squeezed in as much fun as we could on Friday. My cousin Summer took family photos of us Friday morning. They did not go as smoothly as I had envisioned, but the result was totally worth it. They are amazing! Francis ordered the photos to be done as my Valentine's day present. I am so blessed to have him. We had dinner with my parents and mother-in-law on Friday night. It was great to catch up and just hang out. I was sad to see Francis go on Saturday, but my sister Danielle came into town and since then the fun has been nonstop.

Sunday I had lunch and got to hang out with Ashley Duran and Brittany May. I love those girls! Monday I had lunch with William and my mother and mother-in-law at Panera. I could not have asked for better company. My mom and I then went shopping (buying adorable clothing for William) while waiting for my sister Christian to get into town. We all ate at BJs that night with Christian's friend, Stephen. I don't know why, but both times William has met him, he has been quite taken with him. It is very cute.

Tuesday William got to spend some special time with his Papa (my dad) while the girls went and got pedicures. I am so glad my dad and he got some time together! Tuesday nigh was extra special because I got to hang out with Ashley again. We got to catch up and just hang out like we have not really been able to do in years. I miss her when she's not around and it is always an adventure when we are together.

Wednesday we went to...wait for it... the ZOO!!! We rode the DART train down to the Dallas Zoo. William was taken with the train and stayed awake almost the whole way. They have really fixed up the Dallas zoo. It was so nice! The weather was beautiful and their was not a huge crowd. It was perfect. William loved the Koi fished the most. He got right up to the glass and watched them with great fascination for at least 5 minutes before I dragged him away. He bounced up and down and cooed each time a huge fish passed. It was adorable. After the zoo we (my mother, sisters, William and I) met up with my dad and Christian's friend Maddie at Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. A guy came and made us all balloon animals. William tried to eat mine, but it narrowly escaped a toothy death.

And that brings us to today. We've been shopping today (poor William!), but the real fun will be tonight when we attend Medieval Times. I think it will be great. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, William is getting super fast with his army crawl. He still only real crawls when he's mad. My mother discovered this the other day, so she no longer thinks I am crazy (about that at least). Just a moment ago, William was army crawling speedily back and forth across my parents' living room chasing a ball. He's so silly. The biggest news today though is that William STOOD UP FOR TWO WHOLE SECONDS without holding onto anything. He then started to waver so I caught him. My mom was right there and she was as impressed as me. William was so proud that he let out a shriek and a giggle while standing himself up straight and tall. He knew he had done something special.

Well there's a quick update. I have to feed William and get ready to go now. Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment