Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years

Happy New Year! It has been another rough week here in Phillips' Central, but I am happy to report things seem to be looking up.

Last Thursday night William coughed, choked and gasped such that it scared me greatly. The doctor later told me that we probably should have gone to the hospital. Instead I prayed and headed to the doctor the first thing the following morning. Dr. Enders said William had an ear infection and bronchiolitis. She gave him a breathing treatment on a nebulizer (which he did not like) and that seemed to help. Francis and I prayed and gave William his breathing treatments three times a day and antibiotics twice a day. After two nights of being up for an hour around 4 am with William coughing uncontrollably, William is finally doing better. I have not slept in a week, but I am glad he is beginning to heal. I am still sick, but also beginning to do better. Did I mention Francis is sick? He still has a long way to go, but he claims he is fine. Our house is an infirmary.

Needless to say our New Years was spent quietly at home. We didn't stay up. Nothing much to report on that front. 2012 came in quietly.


In other news, William has been developing rapidly this week. He figured out how to use the walker. He was sitting in it the other night and pushed himself backwards. Then his face changed. He realized he was the one moving it and proceeded to move back over and over again across the floor. He has since learned to move forward and is quickly becoming an unstoppable moving force. He is also getting suddenly more adept at his scoot crawling. I set him on the floor to wash dishes. I looked down for no more than a minute and when I looked up, he had scooted off his blanket and a good distance across the floor. He hasn't done anything that spectacular since, but I am sure that he will be crawling on all fours in no time.

William is also beginning to sit up unassisted. He can prop himself up for about 30 seconds before tipping over. The other day he was playing with his car set (watching them go round and round). He held on to the track and sat up by himself for a good 10 minutes. I was very impressed. He's getting stronger all the time. He's also growing again. He will be in 12 month clothes before I know it. He has been starving all day long today and you know what that usually means: growth spurt. We shall see what happens though.

I think that is all for now. I need to change little man...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment