Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011

A quiet but busy week. I spent most of it Christmas shopping. I am now down to 5 people, 2 of which I just need to pick up the gift from the store. I've been stressing about how I was going to get it done because I have such a small window each day that I can get out and shop. But God is good and William has been a trooper. He had to take a couple naps in the stroller, but he never screamed like other babies around him were. Now comes the task of wrapping them all.

I went to two baby showers this week. Francis got to watch William during both of them. As I opened the door to the garage to leave Tuesday night Francis looked at me like a deer in headlights. "What do I do with him?" Francis asked, holding William in his arms. I choked back the panicked "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'WHAT DO I DO WITH HIM?'??" and responded, "the same thing we do every night (Pinky). Play with him, feed him and put him to bed." Francis did just fine, but it is a funny story.

My mom was here this weekend. She and my Aunt Camille babysat Saturday night so Francis and I could go on our second real date since William was born. We ate at Red Lobster and saw Tower Heist. It was a relaxing evening and I am very thankful for it and them.

Sunday school was way better for William yesterday. It helped that different people were running the room. I went to get him before the service to nurse him and the lady said, "You're not taking our little angel, William! You are bringing him back, right?" I did, but when I came back after service, they had "promoted" him to another room so he could go out in the buggies. The lady said, "he was the only happy baby in the room and so we sent him out so he would stay that way. I wish we had a dozen like him. He so sweet." That is what momma's like to hear! 

I finally got rest last night. William held out going to sleep until 10 pm. I fell asleep while Francis put up our little one. 8 hours later I awoke to Francis's alarm at 6. William slept until 6:30 before I couldn't stand it anymore. I made Francis check on him, and that woke him up, but he was happy. To what do we owe this peaceful night? Stomach sleeping! Before you get on to me, it was all William's idea. When we put him down the first time, he spent 20 minutes rolling onto him stomach and then onto his back over and over again. When he finally got bored and started screaming, we went and got him. After a long while, Francis finally got him almost asleep. He laid William down on his back and left the room. Sometime in the night, little man rolled himself over. If he can do it and undo it, I am going to leave him alone! Neither Francis nor I can sleep on our back. He might be the same way.

The only other news I have is that William sat up straight and unassisted for 2 whole seconds. He gets stronger and more confident everyday. Just this morning, he got up on all fours, and with a  little help, he did a modified crawl. He can still stand and take a couple of steps when he holds on to my fingers, but they are very wobbly. I can't believe he is growing so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Jackson has started flipping himself over to his stomach at night as well. I am not worried about it because that is obviously where he is more comfortable. He gets it from me because I am a total stomach sleeper.

    ReplyDelete