Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19th, 2011

A very rough week. William and I have both been very sick. After our Wellness Checkup, William started being extremely congested and coughing. Then he wouldn't eat. Then when he did eat, he projectile vomitted it all over me, himself and the floor twice. I took him to the doctor and she said he had a virus...no fun. My throat was already sore and as the week went on, I became weaker and more asthmatic. I almost passed out in Walmart trying to return a humidifier. William wanted to be held all the time and my muscles were so weak and sore that holding him was not really an option. The result is that we both spent a lot of time crying. William couldn't sleep so for three nights I didn't get more than an hour of sleep at a time. Plus all the good stuff from my immune system was going straight to my little boy. When I thought things couldn't get any worse, William got an eye infection and we almost had to go to the doctor for a third time this week. Thankfully I called William's doctor, and she sent a perscription to the phramacy for the infection. She is aweome!

Friday evening, my wonderful mother-in-law (an angel on earth, I tell you!) drove up to Austin to take care of William and me for the weekend so Francis could go to work and Christmas shop without worrying about us. I finally got a little rest and started feeling a bit better. By Sunday William was healed except for a nagging cough that mainly happens when he sleeps. My mother-in-law kindly offered to drive us back to Plano with her, an offer that I quickly accepted. So Sunday, we traveled back and I gave my mother "the best Christmas surprise" by showing up at her house unannounced. I called the house when I got into town, but only Christian was home. So I went over and waited for everyone else to come back. Dani came in first from the garage, saw Christian holding William on the couch, squealed and then came around the corner and hugged me where I was hiding. My dad came in next, looked around and then went back outside with a confused look on his face. He then looked at my mom with a "guilty" smile and said " you have a surprise waiting for you inside." My mom came in and her face lit up. Christian said, "I found him. Can I keep him?" My mom scooped up William and gave hugs all around. It's always fun to come back.

My mom helped watch William last night so I could get a few extra house of sleep. I am still so stopped up that it is hard to lay down for very long. I did get some rest though and I think it is helping. I am now going to try to nap again before William wakes up. Thanks you for everyone who has been helping me get through this (including my mother-in-law, mother, sisters, dad and my amazing husband Francis). I am praying I will be better by Christmas. I am really hoping to be better by tomorrow so I can see my niece Abby and Cyndy after they arrive. Please pray for me, but also for Francis because he was beginning to get sick when we left on Sunday. I hope he gets over it VERY quickly.

Nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment