Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011

So this week was not nearly as eventful as last week when it comes to milestones. William grabbed onto a rattle and shook it a couple of times. That was exciting. Mostly, he has been perfecting the skills he developed last week. He can now push up his head, neck and the front part of his chest with his hands. This makes his crawling motion much less painful for mommy to watch because only his tummy gets red. He is favoring his left side much of the time which makes me think he might be left handed. My father and aunt are both left handed, so it is not out of the question.

I had my first date alone with Francis on Saturday night since William was born. My mother was in town for a political event and so she and my Aunt Camille volunteered to watch William. Francis and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then to see the Lion King in 3D. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't as worried as I thought I would be, but my mother was here for the first two weeks of his life, so I know she can care for him. My Aunt did a great job as well. I did catch myself checking my phone occasionally to make sure I didn't have any texts from them, so I guess I am not completely immune to the worry, hehe. It was nice to have a little break, I have to admit, but coming home to my little one was totally worth it. I don't know what those women did to wear him out, but he slept 7 hours straight on Saturday night and has been sleeping ever since except to eat (around 36 hours now). He was starving all day Saturday so I think he must be going through a growth spurt. He was already growing like crazy, so I can't wait to go to the doctor and see his stats.

Really, that's all I have to say. Short and sweet is the way to go sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment